| ending note |

I would just like to start by saying thank you. Thank you for everyone who has supported me throughout the writing of this book, whether it was commenting, voting or reading the chapters, I greatly appreciated it.

Writing was and still is a healthy outlet for me to express my innermost feelings and thoughts. I've always been terrible at verbally expressing the chaos in my mind but doing it in a creative style helped me understand and work through it better. This book has helped pull me through some dark times and I will be forever grateful.

Admittedly, I've developed a strong emotional attachment to this book and it hurts like hell to have finally written the last word in the epilogue and realise that it's over. Mason and Carrie's story will forever have a special place in my heart. Despite the sadness of ending it, there's still that feeling of achievement, success and fulfilment that makes it all worth it.

Thankfully, I've never experienced any sort of domestic violence throughout my life, but I urge those who are currently stuck in this situation to please seek help and contact one of the domestic violence hotlines.

On that note, I'd like to thank you all again for coming on this journey with me and I hope you've all enjoyed reading Playing His Own Games as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Love you all!

Charlotte <3