Chapter 5: A Game

My sleep was restless yet somehow I managed to be back in the same goddamn dream. Maybe Rykan would be more agreeable tonight. I could use a distraction. Geeze, I really needed to stop thinking of him as a real person.

As usual, he was there first. I heard a low rumble and turned to find him staring at me with dark eyes. His eyes raked up and down me and I knew this was just the distraction I needed. I was glad I changed to a tank top and underwear to sleep in. His eyes met mine and he clenched and unclenched his fists.

"You weren't there today," he said, walking slowly towards me.

"What are you going to do about it?" I shrugged, crossing my arms.

He stopped, narrowing his eyes and breathing out raggedly. "You'll see when you're home with me."

"Enough with the going home with you thing," I said, rolling my eyes. "Other people's dream men don't do this."

"I'm not," he growled, grabbing my chin, "a dream. Didn't you see the marks?"

"I did," I admitted. "And it's really weird. But there has to be a logical explanation. I must've... Done something to myself in my sleep."

"You did nothing. I did that," he said, dropping his hand to my neck, rubbing over the hickey,

"What is it going to take to make you understand this is real?"

"Dreams aren't real, Rykan," I sighed. "Can you just be a good dream guy and have sex with me already?"

This was pathetic. I was begging my dream man to have sex with me. No one was as fucked up in the head as I was.

"Come to the forest and I will," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

I sighed and turned away from him, wrapping my arms around myself.

"If you really believe this is just a dream, what would going to the forest even hurt?" He asked.

"Go away," I grumbled.

"Kora, look at me," he said, grabbing my hand.

"I said go away," I snapped, pulling my hand back. "I get enough rejection in real life. I don't need it in my dreams too."

"It's not a dr-" he stopped and groaned. "I'm not rejecting you," he said, grabbing my hand more tightly and pulling me to face him. "Just come to the forest then I promise I'll fuck you. Several times."

"There is almost nothing more pathetic than a girl going to a date in a forest because a guy in her dream told her to. You're just not attracted to me. No one is, apparently," I said, throwing my arms up.

"I'm attracted to you," he said, narrowing his eyes.

"Obviously," I scoffed.

He grabbed my hand and pressed it against the front of his shorts. I gasped, feeling his hardness there. He groaned and rubbed my hand against him a couple times before pulling my hand away. "Stop doubting my attraction to you," he snapped. "Why are you so self-conscious?"

"I'm not," I said, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

I turned away and he came up behind me, setting his hands on my hips and dipping his head into my neck. "Talk to me, Kora," he murmured, kissing my neck.

"I'm not going to talk about personal things with a dream," I said, inhaling sharply when his teeth grazed against my skin.

"You've been asking me to fuck you the last two nights but opening up is crossing a line?" He asked, spinning me around to face him.