Chapter 1

"For the hundredth time, use your right leg !" Enola yelled.

 They were at Basilwether Hall.

"I'm sorry but martial arts aren't my thing ! Can't we just do something less... that ? Like cooking or painting ?" Tewksbury protested.

"You need to learn how to fight. You never know what could happen. Now come on, we're going to work on your reflexes."

The boy sighed.

"Okay, turn around. And just remember. Fight back." Enola said.

"Please go easy on me." He begged.

The girl smirked and a second later, Tewksbury found himself on the ground, Enola blocking his wrist.

"Come on. Fight."

He tried to remember something she said earlier but before he could do anything he heard a familiar voice yelling.

"William Tewksbury ! What on earth are you doing ? Get off the ground right this instant ! These clothes are certainly not made for these kinds of... activities."

"Yes mother. Sorry." He replied.

Enola got up at the same time, trying to remove dust from her dress.

"I'm sorry, I must go. Um...farewell." She said, leaving.

The woman smiled politely then turned to face his son.

"What did I tell you last time ?"

"I'm sorry mother."

"I allowed you to continue seeing her if you promised to stop doing... whatever this is."

"It's jujitsu."

"I don't care. It's not proper to fight with a girl."

"She's my friend ! I've never had friends before."

"If you want to make some friends I can introduce you to some dukes or countesses, that is not a problem. Now go get changed before dinner."

The boy sighed and left the garden.

"I don't want other friends" he mumbled under his breath.