Chapter 4

She was wearing a beautiful purple dress, with matching shoes, a pearl necklace and gold earrings. Her hair was in a half braided bun and the rest was down, showing her natural curls.

"Wow, uh, I mean uh" The boy started. He cleared his throat, "You look beautiful."

He could swear he saw her blush.

"Thank you. You don't look bad either." She smiled.

He offered her his hand which she took gratefully.

"Happy birthday. You know this dress is really expensive so don't expect a present."

He chuckled.

"Is there anything new about... you know what I'm talking about ?"

"Actually yes, I found something yester-"

"William Tewksbury !" his mother yelled. "What you did was extremely rude ! Now go back there and apologize to Miss Isabella and her father."

She looked at Enola.

"Oh. Hello Miss Posy. I must say you look quite lovely tonight." She smiled politely then walked away.

"Miss Posy ?" Tewksbury asked.

"Oh. I may or may not forgot to tell her my real name. But didn't you ever mention me ?"

"Uh...I have to go apologize to the Williams, see ya." he laughed nervously.

... 

After an hour, Tewksbury had never been so grateful to Enola. He thought he would already be asleep by now but turns out he's having fun with the girl. 

They were eating and talking when something caught Enola's eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

"What ?" 

"What is my brother doing here ?"

The boy turned around.

"I don't know. I guess my mother invited him."

"Sherlock never goes to events..." She said, "Anyways I don't want him to see me."

"Why ?"

"Because Mycroft might be here too and I don't want him to talk about me being his 'ward' or whatever. Not when I spent the last 3 months trying to avoid him and living on my own."

"I know a place where we can hide." Tewksbury smiled.

He took her hand and they crossed the room, trying not to be seen as possible. He led her to a corner, where there was a thin white and gold curtain. They hid behind it.

"I know it's not a really good hiding place but people won't notice us immediately and the curtain isn't too thick so you can see everything in the room."

"No it's perfect." Enola murmured. "Wait, who is this guy ?"