2. A Demon Comes To Visit

Percy-17
Jason-20

July 11th

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

The drive through the gloomy streets of Gotham was quiet, for the most part at least.
After nearly ten minutes of silence, Jason glanced at his sister from the corner of his eye.

She had changed.
Which was no surprise honestly, it had been nearly nine years since he had seen her last.
Face-to-face that is.
Watching her from afar, or through street cameras was just not the same.

She had some muscle, more than most girls her age, her half rolled up sleeve revealed what looked to be the beginnings of a tattoo. Her hands were covered in callouses, much like the ones demon spawn had on his hands, though he got those from years of training with a sword.
What worried him the most, however, was that you could see traces of pale jagged scars on her semi-uncovered arm as well as her neck.
He may not have been as great of a detective as Bruce or Tim, but Jason could tell something was up.
And he would bet his 'borrowed' keys to the Batmobile that it had something to do with Percy's many incidents.

He glanced at his sister again, worry evident in his gaze.
He noticed she had a pained look on her face, her eyes not really focused on anything like she was remembering unpleasant memories.

"I'm sorry for your loss."
Jason cringed internally as the words left his mouth, out of everything he could have, should have said that is what he chose?
He saw her tense from the corner of his eye then slowly lean her head against the window, "Mhm."

"I heard she was a wonderful woman."
His words hung in the air before Jason heard the quiet response.
"She was."

——————————

Percy sat slumped over on the worn-out grey couch, spinning Riptide around between her fingers.
Jason was currently cleaning out the guest room and had insisted that she wait for him to finish in the living room rather rudely.

She would be lying if she said she hadn't noticed him sneaking looks at the visible scars on her arms as well as neck, and she was grateful that he hadn't confronted her about them yet. Besides, it wasn't like he didn't have any of his own.

As she waited for Jason's tall, muscular figure to appear down the hall, she took this chance to look around her home for the next month.
The place wasn't overly nice, yet it wasn't completely rundown either, the air smelt slightly of mold yet there was none in sight. Overall it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked on the outside.

Her ADHD was just beginning to drive her insane when a single knock sounded at the door. She glanced down the dark hallway to see if Jason had heard it, but when there was no sign of him after a moment, she decided to open it for him.

Besides who knows, it could be a monster that had followed her scent. You could never be too cautious.

To her surprise, she opened the door to find a 10-year-old raven-haired kid, alone, with a very smug look on his face, one that quickly turned to shock as his eyes landed on her.
Though he masked it well, as his face turned emotionless not even a second later.

He studied her for a moment, his eyes lingering at the visible scars on her neck and forearm, before crossing his arms.
"Who are you? And what are you doing here." Percy was almost shocked by the venom in this kid's voice and his little death glare and deep scowl, had she not been trained by Lupa, she may have even been slightly unnerved.
He reminds me of Nico.

"I could ask you the same thing kid." His scowl deepened even more at her words and he opened his mouth to retort but was cut off by a familiar voice behind Percy.
"Ah, I see you've met the demon."

"Tt  Todd, isn't she a little young for you?"
Percy choked on air at his words, "God's no! It's not like that! I'm his sister!"
The raven-haired boy's eyes widened in shock, and this time he didn't bother to hide it.

"Todd is this true?"
Jason walked up and slug his arm across Percy's shoulders, making her frown. A wide smirk adorned his face.

" 'fraid so demon." He gestured lazily between the two teens. "Perce this is 'the blood son', Damian this is Percy." He turned his head towards his sister with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You can just call him Demon, or Demon Spawn though."
If it were possible, Damian's scowl would have deepened even more.

"Speaking of which why are you here demon?" Jason tilted his head to the side. His green eyes scanning the young teen.
"Father wished for me to remind you that dinner is tonight. Apparently, you agreed to come?"
Jason furrowed his eyebrows but nodded.
"I forgot it was tonight." He mumbled, Jason glanced at his sister who just stood there awkwardly for the whole exchange, a puzzled look appeared on his face.
"But why didn't the old man just call me?"

Damian scoffed, "I believe it's because you blocked him."
Jason only smirked. "Oh, right."

The raven-haired boy turned on his heels, seemingly done talking with the two.
Jason looked like he remembered something and called out after Damian. "Oh demon, let me be the one to tell Bruce about Percy."

Damian looked back his eyes a little wide, "he doesn't know?" A smug look appeared on his face. "Then yes I think I will let you tell him. It will be amusing to see you try to explain this to father."

With that, he turned back around and stalked out of Jason's sketchy apartment building.