III

"You're doing what!?"
"I'm stopping with the case, Shuichi."

Kyoko just told Shuichi that she is stopping with the phantom thief case. Of course we all know, this is oumasai so Kyoko wants to let them be. But Shuichi isn't aware so shhh...

"I'm sorry Shuichi but there is something Celeste and I discussed. And to accomplish what Celeste and I discussed I need to stop with this case. But if you're stuck somewhere and you need help you are free to call me."
"Alright, but can I know what you discussed."
"Not yet Shuichi, I will tell you when the time is right."
"And when will that be?"
"*sigh* I guess a few months from now on. Don't worry it's nothing bad."
"Alright I believe you. Good luck with the thing you discussed."
"Thank you."

Kyoko walked out of the building where Celeste was waiting for her in the car.
"Ready Kyoko?"
"Ready."
"Kyoko, are you sure about this?"
Celeste placed her hand on Kyoko's. Kyoko smiled at her wife.
"I'm sure sweety. It's time for the next step in our lives."
Celeste nodded and the two drove to a sperm donor.

Shuichi was in his office thinking about the new hint.

- .... . / -. . -..- - / .... . .. ... - / .. ... / .. -. / - .... . / ... .... .. -. --. ..- .--- .. / -- ..- ... . ..- --

What is this? How can Shuichi ever figure out where the next heist is?

Well hate to break it to you Shuichi but it's obviously morse code. Didn't you learn anything in school?

Shuichi walks to a bookcase to look if there is something in the books about this code. And he indeed dis find it. It's morse code (No shit Sherlock). How didn't he recognize it sooner?

He's been reading for 7 hour straight to look if he could find something. He's tired now. He wants to walk out of the building and back home but stops in front of the exit. He recalled last time he went alone outside at this hour. He just stood there recalling the trauma.

He can't do it. Well, looks like he's sleeping in his office tonight. He's not going back home in the dark alone.

There weren't many people at the agency right now because its late. It's 3am right now. So of course there wouldn't be many people there.

Shuichi returns to his office and puts his head on the desk. He's not that comfortable but it's better then going home in the night and constantly being reminded of his trauma with Miu.

And this goes on for a few days until it's time for the thiefs next heist. Shuichi has figured out what it means by now. The heist is at a museum of an old classmate of Shuichi. I guess you know who i'm talking about.

At the museum was the exhibition of a new kind of gemstone. It's been found on the moon a few months back and this is the first museum that you can see the gemstone. The gemstone got the name hope fragment. It's mixed black and white and it isn't see-trough. But what makes this gemstone so special is because if you touch some of the black spots it's exstreamly cold and if you touch the white spots it's exstreamly hot. For that reason you can't pick up the gemstone with your hand. So Shuichi wonders how the thief is going to try to steal it.

At the night of the heist Shuichi warned his old classmate, Korekiyo. Guard's are everywhere but as always they are not going to stop our beloved thief.

When the reveal if the gemstone happen the thief showed up at the same time.

"Goooooood evening everyone! I know I know, i'm such a nice person for saying that. But i'm not here to be nice. So if I could steal the gemstone in peace that would be nice. The only one who is allowed to chase me is Saihara-chan!"

Question 1/1

The thief just grabbed the gemstone with his hands. There are gloves over it, but shouldn't it still hurt?
A. Gloves are fine, it doesn't hurt with gloves
B. Kokichi is in pain even if he wears gloves
C. The gemstone is a fake, the real one is already stolen
D. That one side is hot and the other one is cold is bullcrap
E. Kokichi is a robot so he can pick up the gemstone

I'II give you a little hint, it's B

One part of you're hand burning and the other one freezing isn't a nice feeling to say the least. But Kokichi shrugs it off and runs away with Shuichi chasing him again.

Kokichi sees this and makes a little game out if it. After all, he had set up traps when he came here first.

Kokichi jumps on a chair and jumps upwards. In the ceiling was a part removed so you could crawl into it. Shuichi decides to follow Kokichi. Big mistake. In the ceiling Kokichi had placed cockroaches. Kokichi jumped down another hole and closed this one. Shuichi tried to open it but the thief was holding it closed. Shuichi notices the cockroaches and begins to scream for a moment. He does not like insects. He had a classmate once who loved insects. So everyday he would take some to school and everyone would be terrified of the insects.

In a wave of panic Shuichi slammed really hard against the the loose ceiling and  Kokichicouldn't hold it anymore. Shuichi landed in top if the thief. Anime logic.

When Shuichi realized the position he is in starts becoming red from embarrassment. He quickly stood up and apologized. The thief saw this as his chance and tuns away to the rooftop. When he's there he jumps off like always and escapes.

Shuichi is tired and down in the dumps because of what happend. He was right there! He should've arrested him when he was underneath him.

Tiredness took Shuichi over and he falls asleep in his office again. He was going back there to inspect the next hint. But he's to tired.

Outside Shuichi's office is Kokichi. He sneaks inside and puts a fluffy blanked around sleeping beauty over there.
"You shoudn't work so hard. Rest once in a while is good ya'know." Kokichi said to no one in particular. He stayed and looked at the sleeping detective for a while. He looks peaceful while sleeping.

After a while Kokichi leaves Shuichi's office and goes back to headquarters. Where DICE was awaiting him.
"And boss, how did it go?"
"Good. I got to see my beloved again! And this time without his sister chasing me too!"
"Wow boss, that's good. One less detective in the way."
"Yup! now it is easier to talk to my beloved!"
"That's not what I meant. But I guess that too."

Kokichi giggles a little bid. Now he can play with his beloved as much as he wants.