Chapter Seventeen

|{Abyss}|

You stare into the blank space as you continue to wipe off the same part of the counter for now an hour. You had no more tears left to cry. You felt nothing and you didn't want to feel anything. Just numbness.

You could tell the guys we're worried for you. You didn't care though, you just went about your day cleaning the house, having short conversations with Sejin about stage outfits and going to lock yourself in your room at night.

Your dad died. Your mother wants nothing to do with you. Chunhei has barely any memories with you. Aisha has moved on with new people. It sucks and it's a long story.

~~~~~

You arrived to the hospital that felt so empty and sad. You sucked back in your tears and went to open the hospital doors. You went up to the reception desk and spoke to the lady. She easily directed you to the hospital room your father laid in.

You weren't sure you could handle it that you didn't hear yourself crying. It wasn't silent either, it was one of those big, ugly cries. You suddenly felt a warm, welcoming smell of perfume as the lady put her arms around you.

You looked up at her with teary eyes and she softly smiled. "I'm not normally supposed to do this . . . but I'm here when you need it, I know what it's like to lose a family member to this." She said so kindly. It felt so weird to feel genuine kindness like that in a while, so you just nodded and fell back into her embrace.

You finally think it's appropriate to pull away and you silently thank her. She holds your hands in hers and looks you in the eyes. "No matter what it'll be okay." She said trying to leave a sparkle of hope in your eyes. You knew happiness wasn't possible now though.

You still nodded professionally and wipes your cheeks as best as you could before she let you go and you began to open the door. You stopped to compose yourself and then entered.

You saw your father laying in the bed lifelessly as it had been too late.

You fell to your knees. It was over. He was gone.

Your mother came up to you and hugged you as she travelled to the ground. She wanted to move Chunhei and you out of the room so you didn't have to sit there and see him as he was.

"He's in a better place now."

She walked you away from the room. In the waiting room she hugged you like she would never let go. You wanted it to stay that way forever. That she would squeeze you so hard that you'd die and join your father. With the things you've been doing you deserved to die, not him.

You jumped as you heard a gasp from your mother. You looked at her confused with blurred vision from your tears. You hoped your dad magically came back to life but what was to happen next wasn't and wouldn't be forgivable on your part.

"Y/n . . . what's that?" She asked as she pointed to where your skirt rode a little too high. Your thigh had a bruise plain as day and she looked at your neck and noticed the hickeys.

The more she examined your body she saw more and more. You started to sweat as you tried to hide the more she saw. She couldn't help but look at you shocked.

"At that house . . . have you been . . . those guys?" You frowned at her as she stared at you. "M-Mom, I'm so sorr-"

You couldn't finish your plead as her face shifted into one of anger. "Get away from me." You looked at her sadly with her anger. "Don't give me that face, I didn't raise you to be a hoe." You would never have expected those words that the tears exasperated themselves out.