Chapter 8: The big Purpose

Today is December 25th 1973. It is Christmas Day my favorite holiday, I made some cookies, and brownies for a snack for the dinner dessert. I also made some cheesy potatoes, fried chicken, ham, nacho cheese, stuffed peppers, along with some omelets for dinner; I can't wait to have this food. Meanwhile I ate some breakfast it was 10:00 am and I was hungry making food I'm having eggs, French toast and cheesy bread. I texted James if he will come over to eat with me, and get this we live next door he moved. I enjoy taking to James love to spend every moment with him.

  James got here and he got me something he got me a gift card to Dunkin doughnuts I was so happy. James also made me a picture frame it was very pretty red, pick, and purple it was beautiful. My mother got home from work early she is very tried and has to do more work on the computer she has. My mother told me chicken noodle soup is for lunch don't eat cereal", I said "okay", although it is Christmas I don't know what to get James. James is excited and doesn't tell Kaylie what he got her, meantime he tells her mother what he got her while her mother made homemade casserole.

Family time: as I got the food prepared my mother had gotten her games out so we can play. She grab trouble, Yahtzee, monopoly, and cards to play spades, and crazy eights. After I set the table we ate food that was delicious, James wanted to play spades while we ate and my mother said "that's a good idea". After dinner we were able to open presents, but my mother had gotten her camera out to take videos and pictures of us opening presents so she has great memories. We laughed, we joked, and listened to music I had the best time. Later that day we opened our last presents I got a present from my mom, dad, and James, I quickly opened James's present he gave me and James kneeled down I was so confused, then I opened his present and was nervous, because it was a box; and James starts to say "Kaylie Ann ever since I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one I'am so in love with you you are the best girl in the world that I ever know and have been with you are the one so Kaylie Ann give me your finger". "Kaylie Ann"James says "will you marry me"? I smiled and said yes James jade smith I will marry you. I got James a picture of us together and he loves it.

Kaylie's thoughts: "I really feel great about myself even more, I'm so happy that I'm engaged to the person I love a lot. I can't believe this is happening I'm so happy that I love him, and I hope I can finally go to cider point with him. He makes me happy I love him so very much I don't know what he wants me to get him for Valentine's Day but I hope he'll love it when it comes". "These 1 year anniversary has been the best of all my life and I could never ask for anything Better I have what I want right here in my arms".

James is the best man ever I can't wait to marry him. I have an idea of how our wedding will look like this is happening I can't wait. Late that night I'm writing in my journal about how my day went and then I went to bed.