18. Not So Generic Rescue.

"We finally escaped, and there is no possible way that we will ever have to deal with him again-" before Y/N could finish what she was saying the door of the house flew open behind them, revealing a very angry yandere standing silhouetted in the doorway.

The Male Lead and the Female Lead started running down the deserted sidewalk in a desperate attempt to escape the yandere currently pursuing them. Thankfully, Oyama had yet to recover fully from the blow to his head, so Y/N and Ichiro had a chance at escaping him.

However, they threw that chance away when they obediently stopped at a crosswalk and waited patiently for the light to change even though there wasn't a car in sight on the nighttime street. (Wouldn't want to get arrested for j-walking trying to escape a serial killer after all.)

Oyama rounded the far corner of the sidewalk, only a block away, panting with a maniacal grin on his face. Y/N and Ichiro huddled together under the warm glow of the corner street light, but they didn't start running again as the light had yet to change.

The three teenagers stood frozen, staring at each other for what felt like an eternity before Oyama started running towards the generic main characters. He was only a few paces away and Y/N tensed, expecting him to grab her at any moment.

Suddenly, the roar of an engine could be heard accompanied by glaring lights and the musical twinkle of Can-Can music. An Ice Cream Truck came barreling around the corner so fast that it skidded on its wheels and nearly tipped over, blinding the three teenagers with its headlights.

The vehicle came to a screeching halt on the street corner next to Y/N and Ichiro with one tire mounting the curb. The three generic anime characters just stood there, shocked by the ungeneric appearance of the ice cream truck.

All at once, the back doors of the ice cream truck were thrown open and someone leaned out, dumping a large bucket of dark liquid over Oyama's head. Whatever it was, froze him in place like a statue and filled the air with the rich scent of coffee and brown sugar.

"Interesting, I've never seen that happen before. That guy must be an intense yandere for such an effect to have taken place," a woman's voice said cheerfully. She leaned further out of the ice cream truck and the two Leads were able to get their first good look at her.

She was busty and her brown hair was cut in a bob. Her clothing was perfectly trendy and on point. Her hazel eyes glinted with both mischief and seriousness as her gaze landed on the teenagers. "You two better get in," she told them, a hint of urgency in her voice. "Unless you want to be around when he recovers." She pointed at Oyama who was still frozen.

Y/N and Ichiro looked at each other uncertainty. They both knew that getting into the back of an ice cream truck on a deserted stretch of road in the middle of the night was generally ill-advised. "Well, we've been making terrible decisions up to this point," Ichiro, commented. "We might as well follow through with it to the end." Y/N nodded in agreement with his statement.

"Excellent!" The woman exclaimed, clapping her hands together childishly. She quickly helped the two teenagers climb into the ice cream truck.

Y/N looked over her shoulder and saw that Oyama had unfrozen but still seemed very disoriented. The woman closed and latched the doors behind Y/N, then she called to the driver, "Start driving beau, the kids are in. Rescue Mission complete. Begin the escape plan."

"Righty-o," A male voice replied in a jolly tone as the engine suddenly roared to life and the truck jerked into violent motion, knocking Y/N and Ichiro to the floor. (The woman had managed to stay upright by grabbing on to a convenient strap attached to the ceiling like the ones on public transportation that you never really want to touch.)

The inside of the vehicle was plated in streel like the classic van used to rob a bank, but there was also a freezer that seemed to contain ice cream along with a bubbling vat of whatever the woman had dumped on Oyama.

"What's in there?" Y/N asked, pointing at the boiling dark brown liquid.

"It's Irish Coffee," she replied, dipping a glass into the vat and taking a swing. "Works every time. Makes a good preventative tonic too."

"Excuse me, b-but who are you two, and why are you helping us?" Ichiro asked, trying to sound brave as he struggled to pick himself off the floor as the truck swerved back and forth jarringly.

"Well, cutie, my name's Amy, and the driver's Chad," she replied, giving Ichiro a flirtatious wink. "And we're Yandere Hunters."

"W-What?" Ichiro stammered in complete bewilderment.

"It means that we rescue poor defenseless people like you from crazy dangerous people," Amy's voice grew suggestive as she reached out with her free hand to cup Ichiro's chin. "Although I bet you're far from defenseless in the bedroom, isn't that right, Tiger."

Ichiro's face turned bright red and he struggled to pull his head free from the suggestive woman's grasp. (He was only interested in that sort of thing with the Female Lead after all.) Suddenly the car took such a jarring turn that it sent Ichiro tumbling back to the floor.

"Amy, don't flirt with rescuees," Chad snapped, as he turned completely around in the driver's seat. "You remember what happened last time you got a bit on the side and didn't tell him about our open relationship, don't you?" He lectured her, his long baby pink and lavender hair falling in his face.

"Yeah, babe, I remember," Amy pouted, suddenly growing sullen. "I was just joking."

When Ichiro had fallen he landed on top of Y/N, causing his face to turn even redder than it had been previously.  "I'm so s-sorry Y/N I didn't mean to land on you, it was an accident - I like you!"

"W-What?" Y/N stammered, her own face growing red at his words. Did she hear him correctly? She couldn't have. Someone as amazing as Ichiro would never like her.

"I like you," Ichiro repeated seriously, his brown eyes filled with warmth.

"I-I like you too," Y/N replied, her face growing redder still.

And that's how Y/N and Ichiro first started dating, in the back of a speeding ice cream truck, fleeing a cliche yandere with the aid of two yandere hunters in an open relationship who had a strange obsession with Irish Coffee and Can-Can music.

The end.

A/N

We've reached the end of this book, but be sure to stick around and check out the Epilogue. ^~^ 

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~