Chapter 11

I wake up pretty early. Having slept amazing, I've got a nice pep in my step. It's been a while since I woke up this refreshed. Not even a single nightmare.

   Getting up, i take a quick shower and decide to throw on a simple f/c knit sweater and a pair of ripped light denim skinnies, brushing my hair and my teeth as I finish up my morning routine.

   I don't hear anything from the living room so I decide to tip-toe in to see if my patchwork friend is either sleeping or has left already...
   'Still fast asleep' I think with a smile. His hair is a mess, but his face is still peaceful and serene. Glancing to the side, my face begins to heat up, 'H-he's shirtless?!'

   I try to look away, but I already saw what I saw and my mind seemed to be stuck on it. His chest and torso were nicely toned, another patch of scarred skin looked to wrap around his side close to his belly button. It didn't take away from how se- 'BREAKFAST! I'll make breakfast now!' I interrupt my own thoughts and gently cover the half naked man up with the blanket I gave him last night before quickly making my way to the kitchen.

DABI'S POV

   I wake up and stretch out, running my hands through my hair as a chill runs across my skin. I feel around for my shirt and find it just behind me. 'I guess I took it off sometime while I was asleep,' I'm a pretty hot sleeper thanks to my quirk so it's pretty normal for me to wake up with less clothes on than when I fell asleep.

   I shrug it on as a delicious smell hits my nose. My eyes snap around, finally registering that I wasn't in my own place as I vaguely remember passing out on the h/c girl's couch.  Deciding to be decent, I fold the blanket neatly and set it on the couch I'd fallen asleep on before following the smell of food.

   In just a few steps, I round the corner to find Y/N fixing up some breakfast. She's humming a light tune and swaying around softly. 'That's actually kinda cute'

   I feel a smirk tug at my lips as I cross my arms and lean on the doorless entryway. Just as my shoulder hits the frame, she spins around with two plates in her hands to set them on the counter.

   Her face is covered in surprise and something else in her expression as she locks eyes with me for just a split second before glancing down then everywhere else but me. Her cheeks dusting an ever so slight pink "D-Dabi!" She stutters out, "I-um-uh, good morning breakfast is ready if you want any." Still stuttering, speaking almost too fast for me to understand. I raise a curious eyebrow as I watch her quickly grab a plate and dart passed me and out of the kitchen, her eyes glued to the floor. 'Well that's a little fuckin' unusual'

   I grab the other plate and make my way to the living room where Y/N was. She was curled up at the far end of the couch with a movie already turned on. I sit down midway on the same couch, where I usually sit, and cross a leg to set my plate as I eat. I feel her stiffen up.

  Glancing at her from the corner of my eye, I notice she'd stopped chewing her food for a small moment, her cheeks still a little on the pink side. 'What the hell is with her?'

   I don't think she's sick, she has plenty of energy and her voice is as clear as crystal. She could be weirded out that I slept over, but she's never had a problem kicking me out when she heads to bed before since I only live a couple steps away. So... 'No way...'

   I smirk to myself as I put all the pieces together, " hey, Y/N~" I coo, breaking the silence.
   "Y-yeah? What is it?" The smirk on my face widens into a mischievous grin as I notice that she's staring a bit too intently at the screen in front of us. 'She can't even look at me. This is gold.'

Y/N'S POV

   'What the hell is wrong with me?' I feel my heart pounding in my chest. 'He was just shirtless. I've seen shirtless guys before why am I freaking out about this right now?'  I scream at myself internally.

   I jump as I feel a tap on my shoulder, snapping me away from my thoughts. "You good?"
   I turn to answer and am met with a grinning Dabi, " or did someone see a bit more than they'd expected this morning" his voice was dripping with sarcasm and amusement as an eyebrow of his twitches up knowingly. 'Oh god... he knows...'

   I groan and bury my face in my hands, trying to hide the persistent and growing blush on my cheeks "w-who sleeps half naked at someone else's house in the first place??" I send blame his way, since it is his fault after all.

   "Awe~" he coos again, mockingly "Is little Y/N embarrassed?" I can almost feel his grin spreading.
   "YES! Don't make this any more weird than it already is, you ass!" I shout, smacking him lightly in his arm.

  He snorts a laugh before taking the last bite from his plate as his phone begins to buzz. Heaving a  disappointed sigh after checking the name on the screen, he gets up to take his plate to the kitchen sink.

   On his way back through, he ruffles my hair as he heads to the front door. "Gotta head to work. Try not to think too many dirty thoughts about me while I'm gone, Doll." He teases with a playful smirk, closing the door just in time to avoid being hit by a pillow I'd thrown at him from the couch. 'Damn. Would have hit him right in the head too..' I whine to myself.

   I poke at my food, my face scrunched up into a flustered pout as an exasperated huff leaves my lungs. "I'm never going to hear the end of this one."
   My eyes widen as my face heats up yet again.

"Did... did he just call me doll?!"