Chapter 25

Dabi's POV

It's been about an hour since I got here, and I'm starting to get antsy. A while ago, my mind shifted from worrying about her well-being to worrying about how the hell she's going to react to the fact that I'm part of this dumbass crew. The one thing I've been trying so hard to keep from her.

Kurogiri's phone goes off as he walks into one of his own portals. He comes back with an unconscious Y/N in his arms and takes her down the hallway to where the rooms for the newbies are.

I trail behind him, needing to know that she's actually alright before I can relax even a little bit.

We get to the room at the very end of the hall and he lays her down on the bed, covering her up before facing me. "She needs a lot of rest, but I assure you she will be just fine. You're more than welcome to watch after her, but do try not to wake her." And with that he exits, quietly shutting the door behind him.

I take a seat carefully on the edge of the bed, taking her hand in mine as I study her sleeping features. There are no signs of torture, her skin as flawless as it's always been aside from the scars left from her attempt, not that I'd call them flaws though. She's a little pale, but not as if she hasn't been eating or sleeping, and her cheeks are just as full as they always have been.

I debate on if I should leave for home and have one of the others call me when she wakes up or if I should stay here in case she needs me. I can only imagine how scared she might have been, or what happened while she was alone with All for one. He's not exactly known for having a gentle nature.

Deciding on staying, I make myself comfortable in bed beside her and wrap her up in my arms protectively. Burying my face in her soft hair before I drift off to sleep myself. The high emotions must have taken more out of me than I thought.

...

I wake up to movement in my arms, opening my eyes to a stirring Y/N as she begins to wake up. She goes to sit up, but groans as her hand flies up to her head before she lays back down.

I rub her arm comfortingly, causing her eyes to shoot open and look in my direction. Her brows furrow and then her eyes widen.

"What the actual heck are you doing here?!" She shouts in shock.

"Sshh shh sshh," I try to sooth. Cradling her head into my chest. "I'll explain everything when you're feeling a bit better." I whisper softly.

After a good few minutes of us just laying there as her breathing evens out and her muscles relax, she pulls away and looks up to meet my gaze.

"So why are you even here? Did they snatch you up too? Are you hurt?" She asked, genuinely concerned, eyes darting around everywhere to look for signs of injury.

I can't help but chuckle. Between the nerves of telling her what I'm about to tell her and the question itself, it was the only thing I could really do.

"I'm going to tell you something, but you've got to promise to let me finish before you say anything. Alright?" I can't help the nervousness that tints my voice.

She obviously notices. Deciding to give my lips a soft, reassuring kiss as she laces her fingers with mine and nods, " I promise"

"Well, I'm pretty much second in command here." She gapes at me. Not in disgust or even disbelief, just surprise. But as promised she doesn't interrupt. I begin be retelling the story about Endeavor and how he raised me, how Shoto is actually my little brother, continuing on to the day I escaped and how the heroes had nearly sent me back to my abuser without a second thought.

Then I explained how I came to join the League of Villains.

*flashback*

   I had been on the run for a couple days now. The burns littering my arms and face still stung like hell, but I'd managed to stay out of sight. Though I needed to get these doctored up soon, unless I wanted them to get infected.

...

   A couple more days had passed and my burns were definitely infected. I was too weak to get out of the little alleyway I'd turned into my home. I was feverish and my breathing was shallow and labored.

   That's when a creepy looking boy with hands  gripping him all over his body stopped as he passed my alley. His head snapped in my direction. At this point I couldn't defend myself , I could barely comprehend what was even going on. I was deliriously ill.

   He stalked closer to me, and I finally lost the fight against the blackness at the edges of my vision.

...

When I woke up, I felt seriously stiff, but there wasn't any serious pain. Some very specific areas of my skin felt tight, and there was a dull ache all over, but nothing like what it had been when I'd passed out.

I sit myself up slowly, taking my time to adjust. I went to yawn and felt a tight tug across both sides of my face and froze. Bringing a hand up to feel my face cautiously, I feel the smooth coldness of metal spaced out evenly from my lips to just under my ear. The trail continued down to the back of my neck as I followed it around to my collarbone. The same was said for the other side of my face.

   I hear the door creak open and my head snaps in the direction of the sudden noise to see a weird black mist wearing a suit. I'd decided that some quirks were just strange in that moment.

   He sat down and explained everything to me. I'd been out for about a week. They found an underground doctor to give me antibiotics since I'd apparently gone into septic shock. I was apparently looking death in the face at that point, almost didn't make it.

   The doc had come in regularly and treated my burns, although the damage was so severe that my skin actually started peel off. They had very limited options, given I couldn't be taken to a hospital, so they'd resorted to stapling my skin back together.

*flashback end*

"And after that they found out that I was endeavors son. We came up with a new name for me and they took me in, made sure I was healing up alright, even when I earned myself new burns since my quirk is a bit too strong for my body. staples look odd though, and they're really uncomfortable, so whenever new ones healed up enough I'd replace them with body piercing. It helped me a bit with how self conscious my scars made me too. I owe them my life though. Even if it means doing less that good things." I finish my story.

I look over to see tears in those E/C kitty cat eyes. Chuckling at her sweet sensitivity, I cup her face in my hands and wipe them away with my thumbs as they start to fall.

"No waterworks Doll. Everything's fine now."