Chapter 4

Julie walked out the door and turned to go down an empty hall. She waited only a couple seconds before the boys came down the hall.

"Hey Luke, I thought you said you didn't have anything to wear." Julie said.

"Oh, I- um I"

"It's my shirt." Alex cut in to spare Luke some embarrassment at being a stuttering mess in front of Julie. Luke gave him a thankful look.

"Well you guys cleaned up nice, Flynn will be very happy." Julie leaned back against a locker.

"You look nice too, Jules." Luke said, suddenly regaining some of his confidence.

"Thanks, I should probably go backstage and make sure everything is set up for the performance, but I'll see you guys on stage in like 10 minutes." She turned to start walking to the stage.

"See you later Julie!" Reggie called out. Once Julie was out of earshot, Alex immediately started laughing.

"What?" Luke asked.

"Oh nothing, nothing at all."Alex smirked. "Just the fact that you definitely like Julie."

"Julie and I are just friends." He said. "Let's get going to the stage." Luke turned to walk to the stage.

———————————————————————————

"Can I get a big warm welcome for Julie and the Phantoms?!" Flynn yelled into the microphone, before handing it off to Julie.

"How are we doing tonight?" Julie asked the crowd. She was greeted by cheers and applause. "Great, okay so for tonight's performance we have two songs for you guys. The first one is called Flying solo." Julie smiled at Flynn. "And the second is called Finally free. I hope you enjoy!" Julie walked back over to the keyboard, to start. She started playing and singing, but it wasn't until the band joined her on stage that the crowd went crazy.

After performing Flying solo the boys continued to play their instruments to avoid disappearing. They then went right into Finally free. As Julie got to the part where she shared the mic with Luke, she started to flash back to Perfect Harmony.

"I got a spark in me."

We say we're friends,

"And you're apart of me."

We play pretend

"Now till eternity."

You're more to me, we create the perfect harmony.

"Been so long and now I'm finally free." She was glad to be done that part, she was starting to get lost in her head as she looked into Luke's eyes. They wrapped up the song, and were met with overwhelming applause. Julie smiled out at the crowd and bowed before leaving the stage.

"Julie, you did so good!" Flynn yelled enthusiastically.

"Yeah, you really did Julie." Julie spun around to find Nick as the source of the voice.

"Thank you both! I'm kinda happy I can just enjoy the dance now though." Julie replied.

"Hey Julie can I get that dance now?" Nick questioned, flashing her a charming smile.

"Yeah, sure, I guess now is as good a time as any." Julie gave Flynn a tight smile before following Nick out onto the dance floor. A slow song began to play as Nick and Julie danced. "Hey, this is kind of giving me flashbacks to dance class." Julie laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh yah, for sure." Nick replied, but it was almost as though he didn't recall the event. "Hey Julie, I think I need to take a quick breather outside, will you join me?"

"Um, I would but I was really hoping to dance with Flynn, so I'm gonna head over to her." She started to turn around when she felt a hand grab her wrist. "Nick what are you-"

"Come with me Julie, or else this time that boy band or yours won't have the choice to join my club, they will simply be gone." He sneered. Julie was shocked at first but then realized what was happening. She nodded her head, and followed Nick/Caleb out the door.

"How are you in his body?" Julie asked baffled.

"Oh it's really simple, ghost 101 on how to possess someone. Of course most ghost are not strong enough to pull it off."

"What do you want with me?"

"Well you see Julie, I don't actually want you, but I want your little boyband. And what do they all share a love of? You. So once they hear I have you in my clutches, they will have no choice but to accept my offer."

"You will never get away with this!" Julie yelled.

"Ugh stop your complaining. Allow me to quickly get back my normal body and we can be on our way." Julie turned to try and run, but Caleb froze her in place. A purple stream or light came out of Nicks mouth and the next thing Julie knew, a middle aged man was standing next to Nicks body lying on the floor.

"Will he be okay?" Julie asked worriedly.

"He will be fine, a little confused perhaps, but fine. Well we better get on our way." Caleb grabbed Julies wrist.

"JULIE!" she turned around to see who the voice was, but before she could turn Caleb poofed away with her still in his clutch.

———————————————————————————

Ahhhh I'm sorry, I'm a little bit evil. But I hope you liked it either way😂