Chapter 8

Julie opened her eyes only seconds later, to realize she was in a completely different place. She took in the scene in front of her. It looked to be a club of sorts, and it was massive. With giant crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a huge stage with every instrument you could possibly think of. But what surprised Julie the most was the amount of people spread around the club.

"Really spectacular isn't it?" Caleb commented, he held his hands behind his back looking proud of himself.

"I'd probably enjoy it a little more if I wasn't a prisoner. Are all of these people ghosts?" Julie replied, gazing at the numerous people in formal wear.

"Most of the performers are, but a good portion of our members are lifers."

"So this is the club you tried to imprison the boys in? It's nice but a little dated, don't you think?" Ignoring her later question Caleb went on.

"Well actually Julie, our club has relocated since their last visit." He commented before walking forward to the stage. Julie remained stuck to the spot. Caleb looked back and motioned her forward with his head. She sighed and followed him.

"What do you mean 'relocated'?  Relocated to where?" Julie questioned, after catching up to him.

"Well you see Julie, I was getting a little tired of Hollywood,  and I do love putting on a good show, so I thought what better place to come than the home of Broadway?" Julies mouth dropped open.  They were in New York?  How did they poof across the country in a matter of seconds?

"It seems as though it may take those boys a bit longer than I had expected to find you..." Caleb pondered. " Oh! I have a wonderful idea!  I am sure the guests would love to hear you perform Julie."

"Are you crazy?  You just kidnapped me, and you expect me to perform for you?! No way!" Julie yelled.

"Ugh, you always have to choose the hard way, don't you?"  Julie suddenly felt her body being pulled toward the stage.  She instantly resisted the force pushing her to the stage.  "Wow, feisty aren't we?  I originally thought you would be weaker, but it seems I'll have to take extra measures to keep you performing."

Caleb snapped his fingers and Julie felt a weird tingling at the back of her head, and then it began to spread throughout her whole body.  She couldn't move her body, she couldn't even speak.  It was like she was a prisoner in her own mind.  Her limbs began to move her to the stage despite her inner protests.

"Now folks I have an extra special surprise for you tonight!" Caleb greeted the crowd.  "My friend here, is going to help me kick off the show."  Caleb glanced at Julie to see her eyes glazed over.  "Would you please introduce yourself?"

Julie started talking against her will, she knew Caleb was making her say whatever he wanted.  "Hi, my name is Julie, and I hope you enjoy the show."  Caleb then began the song and Julie felt as though she was watching a different person perform alongside Caleb.

———————————————————————————

Sorry, it's been a few days since the last chapter, but I hope you like this one.