Chapter 20

When I felt Lavender begin to stir and move in her sleep, I instantly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep

When I felt Lavender begin to stir and move in her sleep, I instantly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. I had been awake since 5pm and had spent the last hour just admiring her. I was stunned by how beautiful she was. Even if her cheeks were marked with a hand mark and her eyes were burning with a light red colour because of the amount she had been crying, I couldn't think about her in any other different light. She was simply just as beautiful as an angel.

When she finally woke up and began trying to escape my grasp, I just tightened it wanting her to stop and lay here for a while. I only wanted to stay in her embrace for a little while more.

She didn't stop so I did the first thing I could think of. I brought her whole body on top of me. Her knees were on either side of my waist and her head was placed on my pecs. She weighed absolutely nothing.

I could imagine the blush that was on her face right now. Especially since I'm only wearing boxers and she isn't in her normal clothes anymore. Would she be mad at me for changing her? I hope not. I wouldn't be able to fucking stand it if she was.

She once again began to wiggle on top of me. Only this time she was practically grinding herself against me. I couldn't control where my thoughts were going. And I'm sure ,if she could read my mind, she'd be a tomato right now.

I finally decided to release her from my grip. Maybe she just needed the toilet. She quickly got off me. To quick for my liking.  I instantly missed her warmth and the feeling of content that brimmed my body when I was around her.

I turned over and tried to find a pillow to cuddle just so she knew how much I missed cuddling her, which I really did.

The soft pitter patter of her footsteps against my floor led me to the conclusion that she had just made her way to the bathroom.

The door was left open and I had a clear view of what she was doing by the position I was on the bed. She was just standing in front of the mirror. Her hands were placed on her cheeks and I could hear her hiss from the pain she must feel because of the sensitivity of them. Her eyes were brimming with tears and it looked like some had already fallen. When was she crying? I didn't hear her crying this morning.

"Come on Lavender. Just smile."

She tried to smile but it crumpled. The look of pain and hatred in her eyes was painful to see. What was she doing? Why was she forcing herself to smile?

She tried to smile again but it failed. And so did every other smile she tried to plaster on her face.

"Come on Lavender. Just smile. It's not that hard to smile. Stop being useless."