Chapter 2

Yunhee shifted in her seat as she sat there in the office of the owner of the orphanage, a look of disappointment on her face.

"Yunhee, do you want to be here forever?" The owner asked, tilting her head. "Because no adult wants to take in a child who can't even go to school."

The school must have called again, dammit!

Yunhee sank into the chair, head bowed. "It's not like anyone would take me in even if I did."

Yunhee had been in the orphanage system her entire life. Apparently, she was dropped off by a young couple that couldn't afford to take care of their child.

All she really had was her name and birthdate, but Yunhee really had no idea whether any of that was actually true. All she remembered was constantly being rejected by every family that had came through the doors, looking for a child.

As a kid, Yunhee liked to have fun, playing pranks on the other children. This is why she switched the various orphanages that couldn't handle her until she finally arrived at this one last year. As she got older, she was better known for being aggressive and speaking her mind. These were all qualities that no parent would ever want in a child.

Yunhee used to get upset, hearing that she wasn't exactly what a couple wanted but as she grew older, she learned to accept it. She was just waiting to be old enough for the orphanage to let her go do her own thing in the world.

Yunhee made more money pickpocketing, anyways. More than she could probably get in school, which she hated. Classes were boring and she didn't like sitting there, listening to the teachers talk. Not to mention the gossip from the other students.

Yunhee was also known for having a bad track record at school from beating up a few guys that couldn't keep their mouths shut.

I mean they were basically asking for it, Yunhee thought as she sat there, staring blankly at the table.

The owner let out a huge sigh, running her fingers through her hair. "I would tell you to go to school, but I don't think you even care."

Yunhee stayed quiet as the owner simply gave her a wave.

"Yunhee, just go to your room or something."

Yunhee didn't need to be told twice, immediately getting up to leave before the owner could change her mind.

...

"I still can't believe that I failed." Chenle groaned as he lied on Renjun's bed.

"Get your filthy feet off my bed." Renjun said, still staring at the book of logic problems MENSA had given him.

Chenle twisted his body so his feet were hanging off the side of Renjun's bed.

Renjun was one of his hyungs that Chenle bothered the most often, the two bonding over the fact that they are both from China. He shared a room with Jeno and Jaemin, two other juniors at the academy who were currently working out at the gym.

Chenle also liked annoying Renjun because he would always get angry, holding up his tiny fists. Chenle found Renjun funny when he was angry, always a great way to brighten his day.

"Renjeonnnnn, I can't believe I failed." Chenle whined again.

At the sound of hearing his name being mispronounced, Renjun slammed his book closed, standing up and attempting to push Chenle off his bed and failing miserably. He proceeded to repeatedly smack Chenle instead.

"You idiot, you asked for her ID, of course you failed. You should have known that no one in the right mind would give a kid like you their ID willingly. Maybe you should just stick to weapons." Renjun scolded.