Chapter 5

The sight of Chenle seemed to be enough for Renjun, as the junior quickly cleaned up whatever he was working on, much to the delight of Haechan. The two were soon out of the lab and a male she assumed was Doyoung began distributing trays, one for each pair.

"Aren't you supposed to be friends with him?" Yunhee asked as she took the seat beside Chenle. Guess we're partners.

"Renjun loves me." Chenle said, pushing against the table to lean on the two back legs of the stool. He's going to fall like that.

Chenle must have done that a billion times before as he was able to easily balance the stool with ease as the two waited for Doyoung to get to them. Yunhee had to admit, she was slightly impressed.

Slightly.

"Renjun and I have a very close relationship." Chenle continued. "I treat him like an older brother."

"So you annoy him as much as you can." Yunhee said, recalling how the siblings at the orphanage would act around each other. "And hate the sight of each other."

Chenle proudly nodded his head as he leaned forward, letting the stool return to its proper position just as Doyoung was approaching them with their tray.

"Precisely."

...

After the terribly gross analysis of fingerprints of different specimen in R&D and then a mind boggling Computing class with Jungwoo focused on coding, Yunhee followed Chenle out of the lab, having no idea where the male would take her next.

It wasn't until she realized that all the students were headed to the same place that she figured out it was the dinning hall.

Yunhee stopped moving as she realized Chenle was heading straight for his table full of his friends. She eyed the hall, looking for Chaewon but she couldn't spot the girl with the constant movement of the students around her.

Chenle must have noticed as he stopped as well, turning around. "What are you doing, aren't you coming?"

"To your table?" Yunhee asked. Chenle nodded, hands in his pockets.

"Aren't you new? Where else are you going to sit?" Chenle asked back.

Fair point, Yunhee thought as she followed Chenle filled with the top students of the school.

As the arrived, there was already a place for her beside Chenle and Renjun. Chenle eyed his friend, noticing the extras set as well.

"I had a feeling." Renjun said as the both got settled down, the others already grabbing from the sandwiches in the middle of the table.

Yunhee already knew the names of all the boys at the table but they were giving her weird looks back as they waited for Chenle to introduce her to them.

As she expected though, Chenle was more focused on his food so Mark had to prompt him.

"Chenle?" Mark said, gaining Chenle's attention as he grabbed a sandwich. Mark nudged his head in Yunhee's direction and Chenle seemed to have received the signal as he sat back down, placing the acquired sandwich on his place.

"This is Kwon Yunhee, the new girl we were talking about this morning." Chenle said, munching on his sandwich. "I have the awful task of showing her around."

"Nice to meet you, Yunhee." Renjun said from beside her. "If you hate Chenle as much as I do, we might get along."

Yunhee couldn't help but smile at Renjun's comment before the other boys began to introduce themselves.