Chapter 27

Twelve seconds.

That was the amount of time between the last car of the NIS leaving the gates of the warehouse and the time of the explosion.

Yunhee could tell the citizens of Seoul were confused and knew that the news would be covering a fake story in the morning to hide the reality of what happened in the warehouse.

They were back in the parking garage of the NIS, Yunhee watched as Chenle carefully dislodge the explosive that Sanghoon had placed under the truck.

On her right, the juniors were huddled together under a single blanket, thankful that their lives were saved. On her left, Mark and Lucas were comforting the two girls, who were completely dishelved from their time at the warehouse.

"I am never doing that again."

Yunhee turned her head to see Jisung rubbing his back, also looking at Chenle.

"At least Jeno and Jaemin cushioned it." Yunhee said, adjusting her jacket but Jisung shrugged.

"They're both really bony so not really." Jisung told her just as Chenle slid out to take a deep breath before returning back under the truck, covered in oil from the vehicle.

Yunhee simply smiled at Jisung's comment. "The things you do for your friends."

Jisung nodded his head and the two were quiet as they waited for Chenle to finish. The others had gone inside the building but the two wanted to go in with Chenle instead.

"You know, he really likes you." Jisung suddenly said, surprising her.

"Excuse me?" Yunhee said, hoping Chenle didn't hear their conversation.

"He doesn't really care about people, he just kind of does what he wants." Jisung said, motioning to Chenle who seemed to be almost done. "But he's been putting you first, even though it doesn't seem like it. Trust me, Chenle is not normally that patient."

"Whatever you say." Yunhee mumbled as Chenle rolled out from under the truck, the explosives in his hand and a cheeky grin.

"Phew, that took a while." Chenle sighed as he placed them on a tray one of the NIS agents offered him before taking off his gloves and putting them on the tray as well. "But I am finally done so let's go inside."

Yunhee immediately moved away as Chenle tried to put his arms around her and Jisung, the younger male doing the same. "What?"

"You're covered in oil." Yunhee said, motioning to Chenle's stained clothes. Jisung simply gave him a look of disgust.

Chenle rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as he gave them a big pout.

"Fine, I'll wash up and then you can both hug me and praise me for being amazing." Chenle said, heading on inside.

Yunhee couldn't help but smile as she followed Chenle inside the building, Jisung right behind her.

What a doofus.

...

"I hate this." Chenle whined as he threw his head back, exhausted from all the typing he had done.

As part of the debriefing, Chenle and his friends had to write a report describing everything that had happened while they were on their mission in detail. It reminded him of school work, and not the kind that the academy normally gave them.

"You're almost done." Yunhee said, giving him a light nudge. "You can do it."

Chenle gave her a look before sitting up again. "Easy for you to say."