Chapter Five

Nathan's POV

I was at home, working out. I like to keep fit. The room gives me a perfect view to see Nicole's. I felt energized when I woke up. After several reps of push ups and lifting weights, I went punching the bag.

I saw Clara leaving earlier with a guy I'm assuming to be her boyfriend. A few minutes later, I saw a drunk man on her doorstep. 

He looks suspicious so I stop punching the bag and stood closer to the window.  He pressed the button, when the door opened he pushed her against the wall  inside.

I just jumped out through the window, cause I wouldn't want to waste time unlocking the door. I didn't bother putting a shirt on. Anything could happen and I wouldn't want anything to happen to her. He didn't notice I was around.

"What if I don't want to?"

" Then you'd have to face me." I said, making him turn around.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Your worst nightmare." I said, sounding irritated. "She doesn't need you here, so it's best you leave." I continued.

"Who do you think you are?" he slurred. He threw a punch, which I held.

"I won't waste my time on you, and you're really getting on my nerves." 

He looked terrified, then turn to Nicole saying," I'll be back Baby Nic." and left.

She ran into my arms and hugged me, crying.

"It's okay, Nicole. Nothing is going to happen to you." I consoled her, hugging her tighter. I don't like seeing her devastated and broken.

"He's still after me." she said between sobs.

I closed the door and took her to her room. I picked out a comfortable dress for her.

"I'd be in front of your room." I turned to leave  but she held my hand. 

I understand her, she's still terrified. I nodded and turn around, so that she'd be comfortable to change.

"I'm done" she said, her voice still shaky.

"We'll lock the place and head to my side." I said. She agreed, so we left locking the place and headed to my side.

Nicole's POV

As we walked to his place, I noticed an artwork of tattoos across his skin. Most of them were on his arms and back. On the first day we met, I didn't know he was tattooed, because he wore a jacket, but I'm not bothered at them. I like them. There was one that caught my attention, a heart with wings. I'd ask him later what it stands for.

We finally got to his place. Potted flowers were spotted everywhere, making the place so beautiful and mesmerizing. The place was so calming.  I took  notice of the living room, beautiful artifacts decorated the place. He had different painted arts in the room.

I was so terrified, I don't know what would have happened if Nathan didn't come around.  We went to his room. I was thinking every guy's room would be painted black or any dull colour, but his was colourful.

"Do you need anything?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine." I said. 

" Don't worry. Nothing is going to happen whilst you're here. Feel at home and in case you need anything, I'll be in the next room."

I nodded and the he left. Even though I was alone but it's better than being alone in my room. It's feels safe being here. I didn't bother taking my phone with me, so I couldn't text Clara what had happened.

I sat at the edge of the bed, lost in thoughts. What if I hadn't met Nathan before this encounter with Kenneth? Would I be back to square one? Would that be the end of me in case he gets violent? Do I really deserve some love?

Thousands of unanswered questions run through my mind.  I wanted to break down at that moment, but I had to fight back the tears. I don't even know if I really deserve anything in this life, nor do find worthy to boast of a someone he loves. I need to calm down. I laid down in his bed, drifting off to sleep.

Nathan's POV

When I left her, I went back to punching the bag. I wanted to give her some space. I punched the bag till my knuckles began hurting. I hate the fact that he had the guts to do that. I was so pissed off, I had to refrain from hitting him.

I had this anger built up in me that I had to let it go, so I kept punching the bag. My knuckles were hurting real bad, but kept punching till my phone rang. I checked the caller id and realized it was from my friends.

"Hello," I said when I answered.

"You sound worried. Is everything alright?" Collins asked.

"It's nothing" I said.

"You can't say it's nothing. You sound like you're about to murder someone's child." Zac said.

"It's something I can't really say on the phone." I replied.

"Okay. Just relax. We'd be coming over later in the day." Zac continued.

"Okay" I said, letting out a deep breath.

We ended the call after that.  I decided to go take a shower. When I got to the room, I realized she had fallen asleep.  She looks so peaceful. The way her cute lips curl up, you'd think she's not sleeping at all.

After my shower, I got dressed and sat down beside her. I took my time to take in her features. I realized her braids was in a loose ponytail, which nicely frames her cute face. She doesn't need to in a lot of effort to make herself look gorgeous.

It's hard trying to keep my hands off her. I stood, and pulled the covers over her. She moved slightly, smuggling into the blanket and smiled. That smile that always gets me. 

I couldn't even take my eyes off her. I just sat there looking at her. I don't think I'd even get tired of staring at such beauty.

"What are you doing to me, Nicole?" I wondered to myself.