Chapter Fourteen

Nicole's POV

"You're mine, Nicole. No one except has the guts to be with you. I'm the one to break your heart.", his wicked laughter kept haunting me. I feel suffocated. I'm out of breath. His words, you're mine, kept ringing in my mind till I woke up.

It's still dark outside. I'm still in Nathan's arms. He's still sleeping which I'm glad I didn't wake him up. I just laid there in the dark.

I felt Nathan move, and his eyes open.

"What's wrong, Nicole?", he said, sitting up.

"It's nothing. Just another nightmare.", I said, following suite.

"Is it about him?" he asked.
I nodded. "The last time I had a nightmare, he was there that day", I said, my voice shaky.

"Look at me Nicole" he said. I looked at him.

"Do you trust me?" he asked. I nodded. "I'd always be around to protect you." he said.

I felt a tear drop run down my cheek. I thanked him as he wiped it away.

"How often do you get nightmares?" he asked.

"I used to get them most of the time when I was with Kenneth, but now it's comes once a while, I guess." I answered.

He nodded. It seems like he was trying to figure out something.

"Come with me." he said, wearing a shirt whilst handing me a jacket.

"I hope we're not going to leave the house?" I asked.

"Naah." he answered, chuckling. "We're just going to get some air.

Do you want us to take any snack along?" he asked.

"Naah, I'm good. Unless you want to." I said. 

We went to the rooftop of his house. The night was beautiful with stars across it. The view of the city from here amazing and it was so beautiful. Nathan's words and the night calmed me. I'm glad I've met him.

I kept wondering if I actually do deserve everyone around me, including Nathan. I turned to look at him. He was standing a bit far from where I was. He ran his hand through his hair, I don't know if something's bothering him.

I can't help but feel like I'm being a burden on everyone around me. Should I ask him what's on his mind, I thought. I don't know if he'd tell me after my nightmare. I sighed, returning to my previous position, staring at the beautiful sky was again.

Nathan's POV

She leaned against the wall, admiring the city at night and the beautiful sky. I couldn't take my eyes of her. She drifted off to sleep before I did and I never took my eyes off her. I tried fighting the urge to kiss her was she slept but I don't know how long I can keep them to myself. I woke up a little bit after midnight to find her awake.

"What's wrong, Nicole?" I asked her.

"It's nothing, just another nightmare." she said.

I asked a few more questions and decided not to push further. I decided to bring her up here, maybe a calm beautiful night and a few words would take her mind of it. I decided to give her some personal space, so I stood a little bit far from her, leaving her in her thoughts and slipping into mine. I turned around and ran my hand through my hair.

I'm torn between letting her know and just letting it as it is. She's still trying to get over her ex, which he's trying so hard to get back into her life for only what God knows he has in stock for Nicole. I guess I should let my men or men from my friends look into Kenneth. I just hope he's not smart enough to get rid of loop holes.

I was heading to her side, but I stopped in my tracks when I realized there's a car parked across the street, a bit further from our home. Normally either cars are packed in the driveway or in the garage, so this looks fishy. As if on cue, the car began to move away.

I guess it's high time we get security in check. I don't want anything happening to Nicole. I turned around and looked at her.

She seemed lost in her thoughts. I didn't want her to panic on mere assumptions that I made. I know she wouldn't agree to having bodyguards following her around, but I think my friends would help me convince her or have an alternative. 

My eyes run down her thighs and back up. I loved how she looked in my shirts and hoodie. Damn...fuck logic I said and walked to her.

Unknown person's POV

I sat in the car in front of Nathan's house, with one of the men.

After being with him for all those months, the only person he had eyes for was Nicole. I can't believe it, after everything. I wonder what she has to offer, which I can't do same.

"What do you plan on doing?" he asked me, pulling me out of my trance.

"I wish I could just walk in and shoot her dead, let Nathan see what it's like to see what it's like to watch someone you love die.

But knowing there's someone out there who wasn't her, I doubt they'd stoop so low in not putting security in place for her. Also, I want him to start with the dirty work, then I'd have my revenge, whilst everything else would be pointing at him."  I said, a wicked laughter leaving my lips.

"Do you think he'd have the heart to kill her? Looking at how bad he wants her." he said.

"He would. He'd get bored with her soon." I said.

Just then, I saw them on the roof top. I thought of shooting her there and then, but we'd have to drive off, and we'd be caught. Since there'd be CCTV footage of every car. He turned to our direction, so we decided to leave the pass to avoid being suspicious. Good things come to those who wait, I thought before driving off.