Chapter Seventeen

Kenneth's POV

I slammed my fist against the table, scaring Bella.

"How could this plan fail?" I asked no one in particular.
I paced about, running a hand through my hair.

"Calm down. You won't be able to think straight when you're frustrated. Just relax and think of another plan." Bella said.

"What do you mean by relax and think of another one?" I shouted at her.

She flinched, but quickly masked it up and pretended to stay calm.

"When I ask a question, I need an answer." I said, punching the wall behind me, creating a hole with the debris scattered on the floor.

"I was saying you should relax and let the anger slide. We'd be able to come up with something." she shuttered.

She got up and then stood behind me. She massaged my shoulders.  It was a relief, but I don't know if she wants me to take my mind off Nicole. I turned and  pushed her against the wall, then kissed her passionately.

"Hope you're not trying to make me forget about Nicole?", I whispered into her ear after the kiss.

"Why would I?", she replied, loosing my tie and unbuttoning my shirt. "I've always been a side girl, I can make you forget about her for a moment, but not forever." she said.

"Good." I said.

I took her to the desk, and continued from where we stopped, with Nicole's body clouding my mind instead of Bella's.

Nathan's POV

We finally arrived at the park. I don't know what Kenneth has in stock for Nicole, so I told her to stay alert and stay close with me. We parked the car and soon caught up with the others.  They had the place set up. We made ourselves comfortable on the mat, starting a conversation. We had drinks to take and some snacks were available.

"I can't believe tomorrow's Monday." Collins said.

"The week would be over soon and we'd get to stay home." Irene said.

"Well, it going to be a long week." Zac said.

My mind was elsewhere. With guards being in place, will Nicole still be safe? I asked myself.

"What's wrong?" her smoothing voice pulled me out of my trance.

"I'm still worried about you." I whispered, since everyone was talking undertone to their better half.

"You shouldn't be. Everything is under control." she said.

"Yeah, but I can't take risks." I told her, staring at her. "Hmmmm. I'd be with Clara and Dan. The guards would also be around." she said.

I knew she'd be extra careful but I can't help it.

"In case of anything, please let me know." I said.

"I will, and I promise I won't be alone." she replied.

I smiled, kissing her forehead. Her smile was everything I'd love to see every time. "Let the game session begin." I heard Zac saying whilst arranging the board games, getting ready to enjoy the day.

Nicole's POV

After several hours of playing all the games we brought along, we decided to head home. With everyone walking hand in hand, talking and walking slowly like they're walking at a wedding match.

"So now that I know there are guards in place for my protection, and Clara's too, I want to see and know them or something." I said.

"Okay, we'd make arrangements for you to see them." he said.

"So what's the next thing in the list?" Collins asked.

"It's time to pick movements." Irene answered.
I looked at Nathan.

"By movements, she meant alone time with each other, if you get what I mean." he said.
I nodded blushing.

"Zac, Nicole wants to know the guards you've placed for her." Nathan said.

"The last time I checked, the three of us decided on it, not just me." he replied.

"I'm just informing you." Nathan said.

"Fine, I'd alert them so they'd meet us in the evening." Zac answered.

"That's cool." he said. 

"We'd meet up at your side after I taking Maud home." Zac told Nathan, to which he nodded.

"Do you have anywhere in my would want to go?" Nathan asked me.

"Naah, I don't. Do you?" I asked.

"Not really. Your wish is my command. I realized you don't really like being outside, so let's get ice cream then head home." he suggested.

"Yes, ice cream." I said, jumping in front of him.

I know I'm being childish but I don't care. His eyes seems to sparkle seeing me this happy.  Everyone got into their respective cars and drove off, to their preferred location. When we got to the ice cream shop, we met some few men in black.

"Good evening boss, ma'am. I'm Levi and I'm here with few of my men to ensure your safety." one of them spoke as Nathan and I walked to them.

"Nice meeting you." I said, hiding slightly behind Nathan.

"He nodded and spoke, "we'd take our leave now."

I nodded and he left, with the rest trailing behind him. Nathan chuckled, turning to look at me.

"What?" I asked, still hiding behind him.

"I thought you wanted to see them." he said.

"Yes, I did. But it kind of reminds me of the times I was with Kenneth." I said.

"Okay. You shouldn't worry, they'd be around. We have them instructions on not making it obvious they were around." he said.

"Okay. So in case of any emergency, how would I know they're the ones I should be around or follow?" I asked.

"When the time comes you'd know." came his reply.

"Okay." I said.

We proceeded to get our ice cream and then head home.

"What do you want to listen to?" Nathan asked when we got into the car.

"I don't know, anything you're comfortable with." I answered.

"Okay. We'd listen to your playlist" he said.

"You wouldn't want to listen to my playlist." I said.

"Why not?" he asked as he started the engine. 

"You just don't want to. It's full of sad emotional and heartbreaking songs." I whispered.

"I don't mind, unless it brings back memories you want to forget." he said.

"Okay." I said, and plugged in my phone.