Chapter Nine

Nicole's POV

After we left, he took me to a restaurant.

"Nathan I don't think we should go in" I said as he turned the engine off.

"Why not" he asked.

"I don't have any reason for it.' I honestly answered.

"Don't worry. Please come with me." he said, his eyes pleading with mine.

I couldn't say no. I was going to open the door, but he told me he'd get it. I alighted as he opened it for me. We went in together, hand in hand.

The place was fancy and most people were dressed in evening gowns and suits, but there were others dressed casually, which was good since I wasn't thinking we'd come here in the first place.

A waitress came around and took us to a private booth. I was wondering if he made a reservation earlier to which I wasn't aware of.

"I should have convinced enough not to be here." I said as the waitress left.

"Why. You don't like the place?" he asked.

"No, no. The place is lovely. I feel the place it too fancy and classy." I said, looking around.

"You don't have to worry. Besides, you'd enjoy your time here." he said, placing his hand on mine.

I nodded and smiled. I feel at ease when I was with Nathan, and I love the feeling. The waitress came back with a notepad, ready to take our order.

We ordered for rice with shrimps, and a glass of cocktail juice. We had a chat over the meal, talking about random things, ranging from hobbies we love, to books and a few personal stuffs.  I'm feel so comfortable around him, feeling more like my old self. I've never been so free in a long while.

"I really enjoyed our time here." I said as we walked out of the restaurant.

"I'm glad it made you happy." he said.

"Thank you" I said, hugging him.

I felt him wrap his around me, placing a kiss on my forehead. I never thought anyone would want to make me happy. We went to my favorite ice cream shop after leaving the place. He nodded at the guy as we took our seat.  The waiter brought two bowls chocolate flavoured ice cream.

"How did you know I love chocolate ice cream?" I asked him.

"Story for another time. I just want you to enjoy." came his reply.

I smiled and thanked him. Though we ate in silence, I enjoyed every bit of it. I was really grateful I met him. Even though the ride back home was a bit short, but it was fun, with us doing a kareoke car ride.

As soon as we got home, we set up the place and then  played games after games till morning, with me between his legs, still having our random chit chats. I loved the feeling of being held by him.

Nathan's POV

Zac and Collins came into the living, surprised.

"How come you guys didn't call us?" Collins asked.

"If you'd be willing to shoot your sleep." I replied whilst Nicole laughed.

"We're joining you anyway." Zac said.

We decided to let them have the place. So we sat behind them and watched, just laughing. I'm sure they're really pissed off, because we didn't give them any reason as to why we're laughing and it's getting irritating.

"Nathan, just know it's because of Nicole that's why we haven't murdered you yet." Zac said.

"Exactly." Collins chirped in. "I can't even hear what you guys are saying." he continued.

"It's between the two of us, so you're not supposed to hear our conversation." I said, making Collins give me the 'murder look'. Rolling my eyes, I went back to our chit chat, with me tickling her slightly. Her laughter always sounds pleasant in my ears. 

"Clara was here yesterday." I whispered into her ears.

"Really? Was she worried?" she whispered back.

"I think she was. Kenneth was at your doorstep  when she arrived. I don't know what he told her but she called me after he left disappointed." I replied.

"It didn't cross my mind to pick up my phone when we were coming here. But it's good I didn't so that I won't spoil her date." she said.

She placed people's happiness before hers, even if it might harm her, she still considers people's happiness. I thought.

"Yeah, I might I've called her but it escaped me. And besides, I've had everything under control, so I'd just make her worried." I said. "She and Dan came around tho, but you were sleeping and we didn't want to wake you up" I continued.

"I didn't hear a thing." she said, blushing slightly.

"I'll be leaving soon. I'd ask her about it." came her reply.

"We'd be going out later tho. Zac and Collins will be with us. You can ask Clara out too if she isn't busy. I hope you're cool with it." I asked.

"Yeah, it's fine" she replied. "I guess I'd have to leave soon to inform Clara." she said.

"Alright. Let's bounce." I said.

"Guys, I'm leaving." she announced.

"Okay. I hope you'd be coming back?" Zac asked.

"Yeah, I won't be long." she replied.

"Okay. We'd be waiting for you." Collins said.

She nodded, and I decided to walk her home.

"You didn't need to..." she began when we got to her door, but I stopped her.

"I'd do it again and again within a heartbeat." I said, taking her hand and planting a kiss on it.

She unlocked the door and went in. I came back to my side to tell the boys about the outing, since they don't even know about.

"Guys." I said to gain their attention. "I told Nicole we'd be going out." I said.

"Finally, some quality time with her, without us being a pain in the ass." Zac said.

"Oh no, actually you guys are coming with us, and her friend Clara would also be going." I said.

"We're in." Collins said, giving Zac a high five. I wonder how my friends appear to be ready for anything any time. We decided to go get ready.