Chapter Thirty

Zac's POV

Everything is going according to plan. Nicole and Nathan have been out of the public eye for a week, and we have scheduled the funeral to today. Everything has been arranged as planned. With limited guests, being the police and the detective, and the broadcasted news can be easily dismissed, since we let one local publishing agency publish it.

Everything will finally come to an end. Everything will happen quietly and swiftly. Well for now I hope we're not missing anything and putting our attention elsewhere. A few hours more then everything comes back to normal.

Kenneth's POV

Finally, the day has arrived for me to reunite with my one and only, Nicole. My plus one, Bella, of course, is getting dressed. I gathered the rest of my gang, not that we're that many. After I get my Nicole back, I can rebuild my dreams of running the biggest gang ever.

As I sat there waiting for Bella, I started thinking of why I wanted Nicole that bad. Is it because of how supportive and obedient she was? Bella isn't giving me that kinda support I wanted. She doesn't even listen to any instruction given her. She's out there doing what she pleases. Yeah, I didn't want any commitment at all, because I did really enjoy being a player.

Do I still need Bella around after I get my Nicole back? She's free to leave at any point, but why is she still here with me? She knows who I really am, but why is she still with me? I love Nicole more than Bella even though I cheated on her a lot of times. What keeps me drawing back to Nicole?  Is it her innocence? Or is it how submissive she was. I can't wrap my mind around what it is, but I guess I find my strength in her. She makes me feel so powerful and alive, and I want her to make me feel that way again.

"Babe, I'm ready." Bella pulled me out of my trance. "Let's head out then." I said, placing my gun in it's holster.

Zac's POV

"Everything will go as planned, don't worry to much." Maud said, fixing my tie.

I let out a breath i didn't know I was holding. I hugged her right, anything can happen.

"We'll be safe." She assured me.

"Okay" I said, holding her for a little longer before letting her go. I looked around, Collins and Irene having the chat. Clara assuring Nicole everything will be fine. Nathan isn't here, he's probably in a coffin planning on how he'll murder us when all this is over. Nicole is sitting there , devoid of all emotions. Clara motioned for us to get closer.

"What's wrong, Nicole?" I asked, because she seemed out of thoughts.

"I'm scared." She replied, a teardrop sliding down her cheek.

"Aww Nicole." Clara consoled her. "You don't have to worry, everything will go as planned and everything will return to normal. Trust us." She continued, hugging Nicole.

"Okay." Nicole let out a sigh of relief.

"Now, we need to head out and get this done with." I said. Our destination, the cemetery field, where it'll be easier to get things done without causing harm or unwanted attention from anyone.

Kenneth's POV

We've finally arrived at the place. I wonder why they chose this place upon all the places for Nathan. Well, we'll just wait for a few minutes to make it grand entrance. Bella has been quiet throughout the trip. i wonder what's going through her mind.

"Bella"

She turned, raising her brow to ask what's up.

"Come here" I said, patting my lap to show where I wanted her to be. She complied, straddling me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just a little nervous and scared."

"You shouldn't be. Everything will be alright." I said, placing a kiss on her cheek.

Now here's the issue. I still don't know what keeps drawing me to Nicole and I don't know what makes me treat Bella differently from my other toys. Nicole has everything I dream of in a woman, even though I pretty much enjoy the party boy lifestyle. We heard gunshots.

"Yeah, that's it cue" I told Bella.

She nodded, before grabbing a going. She's placed it in a holster that was strapped to her leg. I don't remember telling her about taking defence lessons. Maybe she thought it wise to take one in case things get messy. We got our of the car, taking our time too get to the entrance. It's going to be one hell of an event.

Nathan's POV

Everything happened so fast. We're having the upper hand so far, and I haven't set my eyes on the idiot who is making this stressful. Finally, he's here with his little bimbo. I thought this was just a boys affair. Zac made sure the ladies are being protected. I don't want them out of sight in case we're being attacked from behind. I'm not letting this happen twice.

"You're supposed to be dead." Kenneth said, his eyes wide with fright.

"Yeah, I suppose so." I calmly answered.

"Let's settle this like grown men." He said, lifting his hands in mock surrender. It's just us, standing face to face, with everything happening around.

"It's a shame you didn't think of that in the first attack." I replied, leaning on the wall behind me.

"Why do you look so calm while there are bullets flying about and commotion going on here and there?" He screamed, before launching forward.

Bella's POV

I quickly slipped away from Kenneth's side, searching for Nicole, my target. I hope Kenneth will be able to bring Nathan down long enough for me to get rid of her. I don't know how he's still alive, but that's not my concern for now.

I've finally found her but she and her friends are surrounded by heavy security. Too bad, I need to find a distraction. Finding none, I have no choice but too short her before I get arrested. I'll rather be in jail than see her alive with Kenneth. I fired but missed. I got shot, and everything starts to get blurry. I don't think I'll survive this. Kenneth, who was beaten to pulp, was dropped beside me.

"Why?" He asked.

I already knew what he was referring to.

"Because I loved you. I didn't want anyone to have you except me." My voice kept dropping until it became a whisper.

Flashback

"He doesn't do love, Bella." One of the ladies at the club told me when I said I wanted Kenneth for myself. "He never takes any of us twice." She continued. I just smirked, sipping my tequila. Let's see how things unfold......