Chapter 32

Oswald stepped down from the van and you followed behind.
"Are you doing anything about Jerome?" Oswald spoke instantly as you watched the van drive off leaving the two of you alone.

"What am I supposed to do huh? And what if I'm on board with his plan" You snapped back. Oswald's face showed frustration and anger. "He needs to be stopped" He shouted, waving his finger around "he has everyone under his thumb Freeze, Firefly, Hatter, they are all part of his plan. A dark, terrible plan" Oswald lowered his voice, listing off the names of the people you barely knew.

"Which is?" You interrupted, hoping to get the answer to the question that's been bugging you for so long. "Scarecrow has made a gas for him, which you saw" Oswald began, you looked to him hopeful he had the answer. "What does he plan to do with it?" You asked, desperate to know his plan.

"He's smart. He hasn't shared the details of his plans with anyone. Instead we all have a separate task to perform. He has yet to give me my role" You sighed, knowing it was true, Jerome was clever like that, he kept everything a secret.

"Why did you bring me here if you don't even know his plan?!" You closed the gap between you two as Oswald looked up at you. "He scares the living hell out of me, okay?" You smiled at Oswald admitting his weakness.

"I mean, I was willing to play along with him for a while. Perhaps he had a way to make us all rich? Or return to the good old days you know. But nothing good will come of this" Oswald sighed, regretting ever teaming up with Jerome.

"Or maybe you just don't like the competition. Jerome casts quite the shadow" You smiled watching Oswald grow red with irritation.

"Oh please!" He spat "he's a maniac. An anarchist, he is not interested in money or power... And I am an honest criminal, too".

You decided you still wanted answers so you went back to the original conversation. "Where is the gas, what's he planning?" You asked.

"He only tells you what he needs to, when he needs to- I just know he has to be stopped" Oswald slammed his hand onto a fence next to him.

"So you don't know anymore of his plan?" You really wanted answers but you were feeling beat at this point.
"No! If anything I thought he would've told you seeing as your his girlfriend and all" Oswald snapped back. You thought so too but you guess even love isn't enough to get someone like Jerome to open up.

As much as you hated to agree with Oswald, seeing what that little amount of gas done to one person was life threatening. Even though most citizens deserved this, if Jerome's plan went ahead there would be many more tragedies that would occur afterwards. Plus you did not want to see what the likes of someone like Tetch would do to this city if he had the chance.

*an hour later*

You and Oswald sat talking about ways to stop Jerome if you could, sometimes the conversation would drift off into normal things like love or life in general. You told Oswald about Ian which he found both adorable and questionable seeing as he was Jerome's baby too. You found out Oswald liked men which you were super supportive of.
And after a while you both seemed to enjoy each other's company.

That was, of course, until business called. Oswald was informed he needed to meet Crane and Tetch at a certain location with you so that's where you both headed for.

You arrived at this gigantic building, holding different types of vehicles. You joined up with Crane, Tetch and a few Arkham inmates that always helped with Jerome's plan. The minute you walked inside, you saw the biggest aircraft you'd ever seen, a blimp.

"What are you doing here? This is a restricted area" A pilot walked up to you all. "Our cargo is too precious to waste" Crane spoke up "let me give you something I like to keep up my sleeves for times just like these" Crane raised his arm and sprayed who you assumed to be the co pilot in his face.