chapter 13

*few hours later*

You heard footsteps echoing down the hallway followed by the door slamming open; "Hiya gorgeous!" Jerome's voice pierced through the once peaceful house along with the sound of other people pacing in behind.

You remained silent and instead shut the bedroom door behind you as you sat at the foot of the bed.
"Hey, that wasn't very nice" Jerome was now alone as he carefully opened the door now laughing to himself.

"What do you want Jerome?" You asked with a slight grimace. "Ouch. What's wrong love?" Jerome's tone had switched from the sarcastic, mad one he usually had to a more serious almost caring tone.

In all honesty there was something wrong. And you made sure he knew about it. "I'll tell you what's wrong. " You stood up to face him "you! That!" You pointed towards the TV that sat in the corner motionless. "Why the fuck did you do that Jerome?!" Jerome simply stared after you in confusion "you mean... Why did I kill the commissioner?" He questioned half timid half confused.

"No!" You responded, folding your arms. "Why did I kill the others?" Jerome was stumped at this point. "NO!" You were practically shouting at him now "I'm asking why did you say that at the end! Not only are they already looking for me but now they know where to look!" Your arms were flying round the room in different directions, furious at the entire situation.

"It was supposed to be a little surprise love" Jerome rolled his eyes while placing his hands on either of your shoulders. You shrugged them off and took a step towards the window "I was already reported missing on the news and now they know you took me for definite and are planning on keeping me! If they find either of us, we're both dead!" You screamed at him when all of a sudden he walked up to you and wrapped his arms around your chest, pulling you closer to him.

You could feel his hot breath tickle your neck as he dug his chin into your shoulder, turning his lips towards your ear. "They won't find us. And if they do, I won't let them lay a finger on you" His words rung through your head like a bird humming a lullaby. Everything that he had previously done to make you mad seemed to just fade away in an instant. Right now it was just you and Jerome and you felt safer than anything.

-----------

The next day came and you woke up to the sound of Jerome's heart beating softly through his chest. You lifted your head off his chest and watched as he slept peacefully. You'd think he was the most gentle, kind person ever from the way he currently looked. His arm was slumped over your stomach forcing you to stay tucked to his side. We both must've fallen asleep together by accident because we were in the same clothes as the day before.

You really needed some water but you didn't want to wake him; he looked too comfortable. Your hand wrapped around his wrist and very slowly pulled it up. It twitched in your hand but you continued pulling.

"Hmmm" Jerome groaned quietly, moving his body slightly. "Stay here" Jerome's voice was husky and rough but to you it was the perfect sound, it made him even more hot than he already was. "I need water" You replied, watching Jerome who still hadn't opened his eyes.

You felt movement in Jerome's wrist as he stuck the middle finger up at you before smirking and pulling his arm away. You rolled your eyes but couldn't help smiling to yourself like a little child.

After grabbing some water and coming back to the bedroom you couldn't resist the urge to startle Jerome. You placed the glass down carefully and prepared yourself at the foot of the bed, looking down at Jerome who layed there silently. You pushed yourself off the ground and jumped onto him making his eyes shoot open in shock.

You began laughing like crazy as you rolled off Jerome and onto your back, holding your stomach tight. Jerome moaned before climbing on top of you and glaring at your eyes. You couldn't tell if he was seriously annoyed or not but you couldn't stop laughing.