Chapter 33 - Casa Amor

The next morning, I awoke from one of the best night's sleep I'd gotten in several days. The blankets were perfectly positioned over my back as I laid on my stomach with my arms beneath the cool pillow. The room was still dark when I opened my eyes, squinting in the low light to search for the silhouette of my partner. I reached out and found his pillow to be empty. I opened my eyes more to see that he was gone completely from my bed. I righted myself and sat on the mattress with my back against the headboard, rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and began looking around the room. I wasn't alone in occupying a bed with an empty half. My scan of the bedroom revealed the absence of every boy in the villa.

Peach was the next to wake up, first reaching behind her to find Gray's arm to pull around herself, then turning around when she couldn't find her couple. She sat up, patting the flat covers in confusion, then looked around and made eye contact with me. Only the whites of her eyes were visible in the darkness.

Eventually, the other girls began to wake up, but none of us spoke until Giselle, the last to open her eyes, sat up and peered around the room. She jumped a little when she made eye contact with Polly, but her confusion grew as her gaze moved across the room and connected with every other girl.

"What the hell is going on?" Giselle leaned back and took a deep breath. "Do you understand how fucking scary it is to wake up, see all your friends sitting up in bed in silence, just looking at you? Was I snoring, what's going on?" Her exhaustion-induced anger faded when she found her own bed empty. "Where's Anthony?"

"All of the guys are missing," Peach informed her. She swung her legs over the side of her mattress and stood to her feet. "Do you think they're planning a surprise for us?"

I pushed the covers off of my legs but remained in bed. "A surprise? I don't really know about that, but something's going on. The guys are never awake before us, and they sure as hell wouldn't just get up and leave. Was anyone awake when they left?" I asked.

Polly raised her hand to half-mast. "I heard footsteps, but went back to sleep. They didn't seem significant at the time." The bedroom lights flashed on and we shielded our eyes from the stinging brightness. "Should we get up?"

"I guess." Peyton slid out of bed and stretched her arms toward the ceiling. "If they are doing something, I want to look as good as possible."

With the potential of the boys planning something big, there would be no doubt it would be highly filmed. We grabbed our water bottles and walked upstairs, sitting down at our vanities to prep our faces for the day. I opted for a lightweight tinted moisturizer with SPF to smooth over my skin. The bathroom door became a revolving sequence of girls stepped in dressed in pajamas and walking out in swimwear. When my face and brows were done, I swiped mascara onto my lashes and walked up to my wardrobe.

New questions were running through my mind that had never surfaced prior as I skimmed through the colors and patterns of thick fabric. My fingers settled on a two-piece navy set with thick white trim. I stepped into the bathroom and put it on, appreciating how the dark blue complimented my medium skin tone and hugged my waist above the hips to give my legs a longer appearance. I stepped out and began the process of detangling my thick mane of hair.

"Maybe they're making us breakfast," Giselle suggested. The theories had begun.

"They would've woken us up for sure, especially Gray, he's so clumsy," Peach giggled. "I didn't hear anything in the kitchen when we walked upstairs, either."

Peyton was sat in front of her mirror as she hooked her earrings into place. "Are they out in the garden?"

I carried my comb with me as I walked to the balcony doors and peered out at the artificial turf. "Nope."