Chapter 46 - The Fight

"Stop!" I stood up so quickly that I had to make sure my breasts hadn't fallen out of the lacy white angel bra. A few of the girls turned to me in confusion, then followed my gaze. "Stop it!" I kicked off the fuzzy heels and began running toward the villa. Peach and the new Islander followed closely behind. I bounded up the stairs, easily taking two at a time as the air rushed past my ears and adrenaline pumped through my veins. I turned the sharp corner into the girls' dressing room and found the balcony doors were wide open.

Through them, I saw Connor throw the first punch. His left hand gripped Gray's shoulder while the other hurled toward his nose. Gray stumbled backward, clutching his face.

"Not so tough, are you, Gray?" Connor spat as he prepared another punch. The other boys were frozen at the feet, hypnotized by the shock that kept them from intervening. Gray watched defenselessly as he stumbled backward, trying his best to keep himself upright.

Finally, Charlie rushed to Gray's defense. "Guys, that's enough." Connor swung his fist and missed, hitting Charlie on the outer edge of his eye. "Shit, dude!" He dropped to the ground and placed a protective hand over his injury.

"Connor, stop!" Peach screamed from behind me. She had tears in her eyes as she rushed over to Gray, gently encouraging him to take a seat with her on the couch. She sniffled and hugged his head to her chest. "I can't believe you did that."

Seconds later, the rest of the Islanders followed a group of producers into the girls' dressing room. The cameramen put down their cameras on our vanities and approached Connor.

"What?" Connor asked. "You saw what he did during the challenge!"

"A challenge is a challenge. You broke the rules: no fighting. You're done," a producer crossed her arms over her chest and gestured for the cameramen to escort Connor out of the room. As they reached for him, he pulled his arms away and walked out without a single goodbye. A cameraman entered the boys' dressing room to pack his suitcase for him.

The remaining thirteen Islanders looked awkwardly around. I helped Charlie to his feet as he continued holding his eye. Peach continued embracing Gray. Through the silence, I heard her whisper an apology into his ear.

"Well... what now?" Lucas' discomfort was apparent.

"Connor will be leaving the villa, so treat it like a dumping. Peach, you'll now be single. Normally, we ask Islanders not to speak of other Islanders that have to be removed from the villa, but since we'll most likely air at least a few seconds of the fight, you can discuss it," the producer explained.

"Can you at least edit it to make it look like I won?" Gray joked.

-

Our group reconvened once everyone had taken showers and changed back into comfortable clothes. I sat between Charlie and Peach, nursing Charlie's outer eye with a bag of frozen peas. After a few minutes, I lifted the bag and gave the cold skin a quick peck.

"What's that for?" Charlie laughed.

"It's good luck. It'll help with the healing," I said with a small smile. I reapplied the peas and turned my attention to Peach. Gray was sat caring for his swollen nose across from her as we all relaxed on the loungers. "You okay, Peach?"

She exhaled as she debated over whether to make a scene. "No, I'm not. That was awful. I'm really sorry, you guys." She looked between Gray and Charlie remorsefully.

"It's fine, Peach," Gray said.

Charlie nodded as confirmation. "It's not your fault that his ego's bigger than his dick."