Sneak Peek At The Youngest

"Escort"

Nicholas thought hearing what the knight said.

"Venassa?"

But Nathaniel appears to be much surprised.

"She came back?"

"Yes, young master. The young lady's probation finished yesterday and she was brought to the duchy."

" That's impossible".

'She would always come to spent time with us whenever she has time'.

" We're not lying, young master. The young la-"

"Father did say about the probation being over. It seems like she came already".

Nicholas cuts off the knight's words as he placed his slender fingers on his chin.

' Well, it's strange that she didn't come to greet us.'

"We understand that the young master is dissatisfied with the punishment but the young lady is just a girl, right? There is a limit to which we could punish one"

"But that's not-"

"You talk too much."

Nicholas cuts off his brothers words as he scolds the knight.

The knight smile awkwardly.
"Sir Heron" Nicholas calls the dark haired knight. The knight glances at the young master.

"You can go and do your job. Me and Sir Lawrence have things to do."

The dark haired knight was kinda clueless first. He then, bowed his head and walked away.

' Sir Lawrence will be enough for Venassa. I could not put up my mind to assign Sir Heron as a guard. '

Nicholas looked towards Heron.

"Now, we have something we need to settle, isn't that right Sir Heron?"

Sir Heron looked at his young master in a pitiful way. Nicholas avoided his gaze and turned towards Nathaniel. He was looking towards the way the dark knight went.

"Niel, if you have something you need to do, you can take a break."

Nathaniel looks at his brother and gives a nod. Then starts walking towards the mansion.

______________****_____________

"A family Dinner?"

"Yes miss. You have been missing the family dinner due to the probation so the Duke said you can come."

The maid who heard her young lady's question answered.

"Can I skip it?"

"Pardon?"

"I really don't feel like dining today. My head is a bit dizzy too."

She places her hand on her forehead and frowns, putting on the act of a sick person.

"Oh, young miss, it must be because of the climate change. Young Lady must be tired from the journey too. I will convey the message to the Duke. Please miss, you have to rest. I will bring you some herbal tea or should I call the doctor."

She began to panic. If the Duke was to know that his only daughter was sick he would surely blame the maids. The are scared of what the young lady will say when the Duke ask her.

"Its okay."

The maid who was going to call the doctor turned her head and looked at me with confusion.

"But young miss, you're sick."

The maid asked with even more panic. I just smiled calmly and said.

"It's not a big deal. I am just tired from the journey and just need some rest."

The maid looked a little relieved now but she did have the face of panic. Just then the door opened and Nira came in.

"Besides I have Nira to take care of me. So no need for a doctor."

I said with a cute smile.
The maid's panic face was washed away. She bowed her head and left the room.

"Then please take rest, young miss."

She said before leaving the room.

' Finally, it's over. My back was hurting as I was sitting with my backbone straight '.

She plopped on to the bed and raised her hands.

' It's hard being Venassa '

I closed my eyes and rested my head in the soft pillow.

' Looks like I really am tired '

Suddenly sleepiness crawled on to my head and I fell asleep.