A "FAMILY" Dinner

I took a piece of the juicy steak and placed it in my mouth elegantly. I savored the deliciousness of the tender steak and it suited my taste perfectly.

' I wonder who made it. '

I looked sideways and saw a middle aged man in chef clothes and behind them the kitchen maids. I smiled at his anxious face to ease him and I guess he felt relieved.

I looked towards the tall man of a dignified aura. He was sipping his glass of wine or whatever that is while twirling the contents at regular intervals.

' Vincent Espor Edinburgh. '

The current Duke of Edinburgh. The brave knight who waged great wars and captured several kingdoms. All for his motherland. An epitome of justice and loyalty, he was once every women's first love.

But it was the gentle and beautiful , Eleanor Windsor, the only daughter of the marquis Windsor that captured his heart.
The perfect and greatly reputed Duke heir and a Marchioness who was gorgeous and talented at the same time. They thus became everyone's dream couple.

But good things don't last long. She became weak as days pass ended up dying after catching a deadly disease. It shocked nearly everyone in the empire. That was how much influence the Edinburgh duchy had here.

It was what caused Venassa to have a trauma. She became arrogant and haughty as days passed. The lack of family love caused her to be a perfect villainess.

' Now that I think about it, it's quite pitiful, isn't it? '

I thought as I kept aside certain vegetables that I hate which was mixed with the dinner. After some dead long silent moments, the Duke who made us gather here spoke up.

"The royal academy has sent an admission letter addressing to the Edinburgh duchy."

He glanced at me and continued.

"You do know for whom it is for, right?"

' Well, even if I didn't I would have now as everyone was staring at me including the servants. '

"Don't cause troubles and taint the Edinburgh duchy's reputation. You should always act like an Edinburgh as you are now. And if anyone annoys you, I will take care of it."

' So, he cares for me? '

"Or if you want to deal with it yourself, do it somewhere with less people."

' I take that back. '

I could only nod my head in understanding as my mouth was busy chewing.

And there ended the family dinner. Thanks to the stupid etiquette we follow, I could only eat a very little amount of food than always. I was not hungry but I was definitely upset.

As I walked down the corridor towards my room, thoughts started crawling into my head.

' Royal academy. It was where the game starts. The Heroine who was- wait I thought the Heroine was my cousin but then.....'

As I entered my room, the promo video of the otome game came to my mind.

*。☆+゚☆*゚。;*・゚** ☆:+。・+*:
"The fair maidens will align,
Defeat the evil and take up their quests, find their destiny, and fall in love."
*。☆+゚☆*゚。;*・゚** ☆:+。・+*:☆

' fair maidens....'

I laid on my huge bed and pondered over the thought of Heroine.

' Something doesn't feel right. Did I miss something? '

It felt like I missed something. I took my pillow and squeezed it in my arm and searched through my memories about the game.

' Cecilia and Ha- '

I threw my pillow away. A sudden realization struck me and I got up from my bed while shouting.

"Hannah!!!"

' No way, I totally forgot. The game Harem of the goddess has more than one Heroine.'

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey guys, sorry for the late update. It was raining cats and dogs here, umm although it's not rainy season. And THUNDER, yeah so I couldn't touch my phone. Anyways ⓗⓞⓟⓔ   ⓨⓞⓤ   ⓔⓝⓙⓞⓨ
(๑•́ ∀ •̀๑)