If Only I Was......

After finishing the lessons, I finished reading the book I borrowed from the library.
I looked outside through the window and saw the dark sky backgrounding the beautiful setting sun. I sighed and got up and asked Nira to call the other maids. ' It's time '.
It was time for me to prepare for the family dinner. I put on a white dress with pale lavender laces and ribbons with raven purple thread works. It was detailed with amethyst like jewels. It was beautiful and luxurious but at the same time simple and comfortable. It was perfect for a family dinner.
As I twirled around letting the hem of my dress flow swiftly down my smooth jade like legs, the maids who were captivated by my beauty were clenching their hearts.
I pulled out a satisfied smile and walked out of my room towards the dining room with the butler.
The butler of Edinburgh duchy was a strict old man who used to nag Venassa whenever he could. He annoyed Venassa so much that she once wished he would die. But even though he was a stern, nagging old guy, he was also caring and was a professional when it comes to his job. It is said that he had been here even before the current Duke Edinburgh was born. A righteous, capable and smart butler. While we walked towards the dining room, I filled my head with different kinds of thoughts. But seeing a familiar figure ahead, I slowed down my tracks. While the butler in order to join them increased his pace. ' Oh, so you wanna leave me and join them. Fine, I have my knights and maids with me. I don't need you. '
I thought as I watched the grumpy old man walking swiftly. ' No wonder Venassa hate you so much. '
He was kinda annoying. I looked towards my knights and one of them was looking at me with worry. I smiled at him assuring him that I was okay. He seemed relieved though. While the other one frowned at the speedily walking old man. Now I also felt relieved. I took a deep breath and walked elegantly towards the well you know, the familiar person.
As I got near them, the person who was talking to the butler with serious face turned to me, as if he noticed my presence. He looked kinda shocked but only for a few seconds.

' Noah, second son of Duke Edinburgh

' Noah, second son of Duke Edinburgh. '
He quickly regained his composure and smiled warmly.
' Ugh, I hate this guy. The two faced fox of the game. Noah Edinburgh. '
"Its been a long time, little sister"
' Well, I'm glad that it was. '
Noah in the game was known to be the "two faced fox" since he was a fox with two opposite face.
From the Heroine Cecilia's perspective he was an intelligent strategist who helped her in many ways but for Venassa he was a backstabber. He stayed with Venassa even when everyone went against her and gained her trust but in the end he betrayed her. He secretly helped the crown prince and his brother by gathering Venassa's plans and deepest secret. He stayed by her side while investigating more about her and those who backed her. It was then he found Venassa birth secret. Though it was not detailed in the game, it was true that Noah didn't share this with the Cecilia or the others. It was something that I wanted to find.
I just forced a smiled even though my head was filled with thoughts. Once AGAIN he accidentally dropped his smiling mask but regained it within seconds.
"Then lets move on. You don't want to keep the others waiting, do you?"
He said while turning around but at the same time glancing at me over his shoulders.
I shake my head and walked forward. He also tagged along. We walked along the long corridors leading to the dining room. It appeared too long since nobody was ready to break the silence. But the huge picture which hanged against the great walls with luxuriously carved wooden frame caught my eyes.
' That' -'

A handsome man in his late 20s

A handsome man in his late 20s. A striking replica of Nicholas. It was clear from the dark blue hair and blue eyes who it was. The current Duke of Edinburgh. Beside him late duchess Edinburgh. With silver hairs like mine and beautiful pink eyes like Nathaniel. She always had a gentle smile which captivated almost everyone. Well, that's how she was in my memories. It was after her death that Venassa's suffering started.
Noah noticed me gazing intensely at the portrait.
" It's dad, mom and big brother". I glanced at him and saw him smile, well genuinely. But it wasn't long when he wore his devilish smirk. "Big brother is so tiny and adorable." He laughed while pointing at the baby in the Edinburgh couple's hand. ' Well, I have to admit he is quite adorable. It's like he became harmless all of a sudden. '
I smiled gently as I looked at their happy smile.
' It sure is good to be part of a real family. If only I was a included. '
I felt like crying but maybe it was Venassa who wanted to cry......