The Lady In My Memories

" Who are you?  "

I asked her without further delay.

' I have to get out of here. And for that I might need her help. '

I thought as I glanced at the beautiful women in front of me. She looked at me for a second, then slowly spoke in her soft and gentle voice.

_-=_=-_-_=_-=_--=_-===--_=-_=-_=

"Sigh, I wish I could have seen Venassa for last time."

' What? '

" Hey, are you even listening to me, lady? Just because you're beautiful doesn't mean that you can ignore me."

' I felt like I was being possessed by Venassa's Villainous nature.'

I felt angry since it was obvious that she was ignoring me but at the same time proud for successfully acting like a Villainess.

=Click=

I heard some sound as though a door was being opened. I looked towards my back and saw a maid holding a small child's hand. And there were other maids in the room which I found hard to believe as I thought that the blonde lady was the only one besides me here. Somehow both of them, no..... everyone here looked as familiar as the blonde lady to me. I looked at the little girl in a cute yellow dress holding her maid's hand.

[A/n - ♥ Cute!!! ♥ ^(o≧∀≦)o]

' Huh? Silver hair and blue eyes? '

A sudden realisation struck me like a lightning.

' Isn't that Venassa? '

I unconsciously thought as I gazed at the cute little girl in front of me. As soon as the maid let go of her hand, she looked at her maid. The maid said something in a low voice but after hearing it, she started walking towards me.

' Huh, why is she coming towards me? More importantly, how come the little Venassa is here? I mean, I'm Venassa, right?  And I'm past ten already, but she- '

She didn't even look at me. She just kept on walking and is almost a few steps away from me.

" Umm, look Venassa. I.... Umm..."

I searched for the apt words to complete my statement. But Venassa already got past while I was pondering with words. And to be exact she went through me.

' What just happened? Did she just went through me? I raised hand to my chest level and gazed at it. And to my surprise it appeared partially visible almost like I was fading away.

' What the- '

I looked towards my back only to find the blonde woman and Venassa conversing with each other.

"I wanted to say goodbye to you for the last time."

The blonde haired lady said to hair while caressing her gently. Little Venassa didn't understand what it meant and neither did I but I realised something much more important than it all.

' I remember her now.....'

Little Venassa looked at the beautiful lady and said in a cute voice.

" Oka-san, are you going out today? "

The lady just laughed slightly and then hugged Venassa.

"Yes, I'm. But...."

She kissed Venassa's forehead and continued with tearful eyes.

"Please be safe...."

Tears welled up in my eyes and I unconsciously started crying.

' I know her..... There's no way I can forget her..... '

' Oka-san'

I thought as I grasped the hem of my dress roughly with tears falling through my cheeks.

"I don't know if I will make it back alive."

' Don't say that....'

"But I wish I will, because I don't want to leave you here. In a world where cruel creatures named humans linger. I want to protect you."

She took out something shiny from thin air. And extended it to let Venassa see it.

"This amulet will protect you in case of any trouble. Please.... Make sure you don't lose it..... It is my only way to keep you safe....."

While Venassa traced the smooth surface of the amulet with her tiny hands which her mother had made her wear, she had absolute no idea what her mother had told her. Her mother just smiled in relief even though she knew about it. She stood up and signaled the maid to take Venassa away. And everything faded away just like that.....

And when it all ended I had the amulet in my neck emitting a dim light.

[end of ᵃ ᵛᵉʳʸ ˡᵒⁿᵍ flashback]

-=_-=_-=_=-_=-_=-_=-_=_=-__=-_=

I tightly gripped my amulet and closed my eyes.

"Miss we're here."

' Eh, ah..... Shopping......I almost forgot about that..... '

I just smiled at her and got out of the carriage with the help of my knight.