Part 9

Elizabeth had been awake for about an hour now, refusing to leave the bed. This was the first morning Theo managed to stay in bed with her all morning. She didn't want to leave his warm embrace. The time was sure to be well past 1pm but she didn't care. They stayed up all night talking about anything and everything. It felt like Theo was finally warming up to her and she fought her sleep to experience it just a little while longer.

She felt him shift behind her and she made no sudden moves. Just a little while longer she told herself. His embrace was warm to her cold body. Elizabeth felt safe in his arms, protected. Which was true for them. Theo would die before he let anyone hurt her. However what Theo didn't know is she would risk herself for him as well. 

The strings that lined their hearts were getting tangled together. One wrong pull and the other would be heartbroken. Though both of them failed to realize that they needed each other. Elizabeth's life lacked excitement back home. Her job at the Ministry left her on a constant loop, failing to let her explore other opportunities. As for Theo, well his life never stopped going. He loved adventure but with that comes loneliness. She was the one thing that kept him going all these years. Knowing she was alive made him better, made him okay with living apart from her. As long as she was safe, he was happy.

Elizabeth decided to shower while he was sleeping, in hopes of not wasting any time. This was their last day and she wanted it to count for something. He didn't move when she slowly wiggled her way out of his arms, replacing her body with a pillow. 

The marble floor was cold on her feet as she shuffled in towards the sink. Brushing her teeth and through her knotted hair. The marks on her body was still there and she felt herself panicking at the thought of them disappearing. They were all she had left of him, especially after this was over. The steaming hot water helped ease her anxiety. 

However the double sided shower made her feel small. The space could fit ten people in it but she only wanted one. She hadn't even begun to wash her hair yet. She just stood in the stream of the water, drowning herself in her own thoughts. She didn't want to leave but she knew Theo wouldn't ask her to stay. 

She just wanted something, anything really. She loved him and she had already came to admit that to herself. She just wanted Theo to ask her to stay, even if there was a reason she couldn't, she just needed him to ask. The sound of brushing teeth caused her to look over to the sink. Theo stood brushing his teeth, head down towards the sink. There was nothing to cover the glass door so her body was on full display but if he had looked at her, she didn't notice. 

She was too emotionally drained to say anything so she turned her head back and hung it under the spray of the water. Elizabeth was overly emotional today and couldn't understand why. It was like the stress of leaving made her hormones heighten and she needed to get them back under her control. 

She just needed control. 

"Mind if I join you?" A raspy voice broke her out of her thoughts. Theo was already naked from the night before. He made no effort to hide his body from her. Oh the confidence in this man made her stomach flip. He knew what he had to offer and was happy with it. 

Elizabeth said nothing but nodded her head as if to say it was okay. She felt her nerves ease inside her as he stepped inside. This is what she wanted after all, him in there with her. She felt two arms slide around her body, bringing her back against him. "How did you sleep, love?" His voice was tired and the rasp made her core shake. 

"Wonderful, and you?" She smiled as he peppered kisses on her shoulder. "I sleep better with you." She didn't know if he was talking to her or himself, it was mumbled. He was being sweet today, Elizabeth loved when he acted like this. She felt like he was hers.