Part 3

It had been a week since Elizabeth had seen Theo. He made no effort to approach her after that night in the tower. She still went on her nightly strolls though. The past few times she made a point to look out the window that was in the hall before the Slytherin commons. She could see the tower and wondered if he was even up there. However every night she had seen a small cloud of smoke coming from the tower and a small red ember burning as if it were at the end of a cigarette. He was watching her. 

The days seemed to pass in a blur for Elizabeth. Tomorrow she would present her project for Charms with Blaise and tonight was their last study session. It was only lunch so she had plenty of time. Elizabeth decided to go to the library until dinner and catch up on her studies a bit. The smell of books filled her senses and she was instantly calmer. All of her anxiety melted away as she took a seat in the far back of the library. Anyone would have to really search for her in order to find her secret spot.

Fred and George knew where she was at all times. They knew how much Elizabeth loved the library and they knew her secret spot. The the red heads had found her eventually, plopping down in front of her. "It's about bloody time!" Fred said, kicking up his feet on the table. The action made Elizabeth roll her eyes. She really just wanted to be alone right now. 

"You look different." George stated, examining her face closely. Fred followed his brother's action, scooting closer to Elizabeth's face. The attention was making her uncomfortable. "Your lips." Fred said, shaking his finger.

"What about my lips?" Elizabeth said with a shaky voice. She was convinced they knew what she had been doing. Fear ran through her body. "They just look darker. Kinda like you're wearing lipstick." 

It's true. When she looked in the mirror this morning her lips where a darker shade of pink than usual. Elizabeth knew it was because of the forceful kiss she had shared with Theo. Theo. Her mind was drifting off before she shook her head in order to snap back to reality. "Bugger off the both of you! It's a new makeup thing. Which neither of you would know anything about."

"Sorry Liz." George said frowning. "Yeah sorry." Fred pouted. She knew it was all fun banter but deep down she was slightly annoyed. "Wanna go to Hogsmeade with us tonight? Ron and Harry are tagging along this time." Fred asked. She wanted to go hang out with her friends but too bad that her evening was already planned.

"Sorry I have to meet up with Blaise tonight. It's the last day before the Charms project is due." She said sadly. In the back of her mind she wondered if Theo would be there. It doesn't matter, she told herself. He kissed her and just ignored her for a week. Elizabeth knew she didn't deserve that but it was like she couldn't stay away. She thought of the forceful grip on her face and throat. How harshly Theo kissed her. It ignited something inside her that she had feared. 

"Don't be gone too late Elizabeth. You have no business down there." George said, making her grow more and more agitated. Everyone treated her like she was so fragile. Maybe that's why she found herself lacking a back bone sometimes. "You both act like I can't take care of myself. Nothing is going to happen to me in a common room. Sometimes you both treat me like I know nothing." Elizabeth snapped.

Fred and George both said nothing which made her angry. She began to gather her things, packing them in her bag. "Elizabeth where are you going?" She didn't respond to Fred at first. Her mind was twisting and she didn't want to snap because that wasn't her. "I have to go shower. I won't be down for dinner so I will see the both of you tomorrow. Have a good evening." She huffed. Elizabeth stormed out of the library, ignoring her friends. They tried to call out to her but she pushed it away. 

After Elizabeth had dropped off her things in her room she made her way to the showers. She let the hot water relax her muscles. Her thoughts ran wild under the spray of the water. Her fingers ghosted over her lips, wishing they were being bruised again. Elizabeth trailed her hand down, ghosting over her throat, thinking of the way he grabbed her. She didn't understand why she was having all these thoughts.