Part 12

"You're leaving again, aren't you?"

Elizabeth couldn't look at him. Her heart was breaking into a million pieces. Her mind went to Eloise and how she would have to break the news. She shouldn't have been shocked but she had let her guard down. Elizabeth knew Theo's presence would always be temporary.

"I won't let that happen." He finally spoke, causing her head to shoot up to him. Her tear filled eyes pained him. 

He wasn't sure what to do about the situation at hand. However he did know that he had no plans to leave either of them. He didn't care what hoops he had to jump through to stay, he would do it with no questions asked. 

She held her head back down, letting her tears fall freely. She heard feet step towards her, knowing it was Theo. He knelt down and cupped her face in his large hands. "Elizabeth I don't care what I have to do but I am not leaving, not again. I meant everything I said last night about wanting to be in Eloise's life, both of your lives." 

Both of them knew that this was a tough situation. How he plans on getting out of this, well he had no clue. He just knew that he was going to do whatever it took. "Theo I can't." Elizabeth said. He began to panic, not knowing what she meant. 

"I can't lose you again." That is when she completely broke. Her sobs were heart wrenching. "I just got you back. I just can't do this again. Please don't go." She cried out. 

Theo held her head to his chest and let his own tears fall. It was finally clear how much damage he had done in the past. He hated himself more and more with every tear that was shed on his bare skin. He wouldn't hurt her again. 

About thirty minutes later they agreed not to dwell on it any longer. They both worked together to get Eloise ready for the day as well as theirselves. Elizabeth was off doing her makeup while Theo sat in Eloise's room playing tea party with her. 

If only his friends could see them now. Eloise insisted on putting a crown on his head and a feather boa around his neck. He watched the little girl as she poured the pretend tea in his cup, adding 'cream and sugar'. He noticed how bubbly she was and how she lit up whatever room she was in. 

"Do you do this with your mum a lot?" He asked softly. Theo just wanted to talk to her. He wasn't really that talkative with people he didn't know but Eloise made him feel somewhat normal. 

"ummm sometimes. I always wanted to play tea party with daddy but he's busy." She said, smiling up at him. It was like the little girl was completely okay with knowing her dad wasn't there. She understood he had a busy job and he had to go away a lot. 

Elizabeth filled Eloise's head with stories about her father and always reminded her how much her daddy loved her. That was enough for Eloise. Maybe the fact that he had never been around engraved it in her little mind that it was normal. That didn't sit right with Theo. 

"Well he's really missing out because this is an excellent cup of tea." He said, pretending to drink from the small cup. He was way too tall for the tiny chair he was in. His legs were scrunched up but he didn't complain.

"It's okay. You're kinda like a daddy so it still counts." She said, her words slurred a bit but she was a smart kid. The sentence made Theo's heart grow ten times bigger than it was. He was kinda like a daddy indeed. 

The little girl thought to herself for a moment. She furrowed her eyebrows, looking just like Elizabeth like that. She cocked her head to the side before speaking again. "I wish you were my daddy Theo." 

Theo wanted to cry. He wanted to reach out and tell the little girl that he was in fact her father but he couldn't do that. He had to wait for Elizabeth. Theo knew it wasn't his place to tell Eloise and he respected that.