Part 5

A/N: The song that I attached above is the song that they dance to. With that being said, whenever you get to that part play this. -Tay xx

Four Years Later.... Paris 

The smell of expensive champagne and perfume filled her nose as she made her way through the crowd. Elizabeth felt annoyed as the sound of fake laughter filled her ears. She grabbed one of the flutes filled with champagne from the silver tray as it passed her. Her co-worker had brought her to the formal bar in attempt to give her something to do while she was in the city. Paris was always a city that she loved and when she had to come here for a work trip she couldn't have been more thrilled. She decided to stay after on her off week before she had to return to her life back in London.

Unfortunately her co-worker had got pulled away and she was left there alone. With no one for Elizabeth to talk to she found herself feeling out of place. The diamond earrings and choker made her feel like a princess but it's something she wouldn't normally wear. The deep red satin dress hugged her in the right places, the small straps left her shoulders exposed, and the high slit up the side made her feel like the attention was on her. She watched as the older men ogled her as she brought the flute up to her lips. 

"What's a girl like you doing alone here?" A voice came from behind her. A hand was placed on her lower back and she felt herself shiver uncomfortably. The older gentleman came into view and maybe he would've been attractive if Elizabeth was twenty years older. However she was never rude, she was too kind. 

"I'm here with a friend actually, she just stepped away to powder her nose." She lied. She wasn't going to let him know that she was really alone. "Well I shouldn't waste my time alone with you then. Can I buy you a drink?" He asked her. His thin lips creeping up to a smile. She could tell he wasn't from Paris because he sounded American. She glanced down at her empty glass and nodded her head 'yes' in order to be polite. 

Once they received their drinks, Elizabeth didn't hesitate to start gulping her drink. He talked her ear off about the most pointless things but she nodded her head as if to show she was listening. She wasn't. As the man continued to talk to her she couldn't shake the feeling of someone's eyes on her. Even though she glanced around, she still couldn't find where it was coming from. 

"So what do you say?" The older gentleman had brought her back with his question. She had been too busy looking around that she didn't hear what he had said. "My apologies, what did you ask me?" She said, smiling awkwardly. 

"Do you want to get out of here?" He asked again and she felt like bile would soon rise in her throat. Before she could answer a tall man approached them, grabbing her attention. "Miss Clearwater?" The middle-aged man asked. She had no idea who it was or how the man knew her name but she looked up anyways. 

"Miss Clearwater could you follow me please?" He asked. He gaze went to the older gentleman and the look was so intense that the man scrambled away quickly. "Who are you?" She asked as she followed him through the crowd. However the man didn't answer her question as he led her up the stairs to the VIP section. He said nothing as he unhooked the velvet rope and motioned her inside. 

"Elizabeth Clearwater...you do not go unnoticed." Her heart sank as she heard familiar deep voice. A voice that she hadn't heard in so long. The intense gazed shamelessly raked down her body and a familiar smirk spread on his face. 

Theodore Nott....

It felt like the large building was significantly smaller. She swallowed thickly, suddenly at a loss for words. Elizabeth thought Theo had died. After the battle she never heard from him again. She didn't know what emotion to feel first as they all clouded her brain. Why didn't he reach out? Why was he in Paris? "Theodore Nott." She said barely above a whisper but he had heard her.