Gene

Welcome to  Tallimark, a town full of pirates, patriots, sailers and adventurers.
This town has nothing but trade mark markets of all sorts of different things and trinkets.
You have the poor side of Tallimark and the rich side of Tallimark, but this story is on the poor side of Tallimark unfortunately.
Right down pass the guns-men shop and fish market off of no man land road, was an abandon tore up shop, windows boarded up, doors boarded up and holes all over the roof, a place most people and locals would just walk by and not care in the world to even look at this place. But this place was the place a teen aged boy named Gene lived. To him it was the perfect place to hide out do to the fact he was a little bit of a thief and trouble maker.
Stole goods from market stands with food but who wouldn't! if you were a orphan looking out for your self trying to survive in a place like this.
Anyways, even tho he did these things his heart was in the right place and was very nice and smart may be to smart.
Well one day, he was in the market place when a pirate was running away from the law, ran right into Gene making them both fall and stumble.
The pirate looked right at Gene and said take this guard it with your life and all shall come true,
Then the pirate got up and continued running away from the law.
Gene on the other hand seemed very confused, like okay what just happened and why did he hand me this bottle?
Gene looked closely and realized there was a rolled up piece of paper in the bottle.
As he was about to open it to pull the paper out another pirate went up to Gene and demanded to have the bottle the other pirate handed him.
Now Gene was very smart and remembered that the other pirate said guard this with your life, now why would he say that if this bottle didn't have value for some reason??
Gene got up and said what bottle?
I have no bottle.
The pirate who demanded to have the bottle got very up set and said boy don't act dumb with me.
Do you know who I am??
Gene replied! um... peg leg no hand rum beard???
No! Boy
I'm Davy Johnson Jackson Jones pointing at the most wanted poster on the market post stand.

 peg leg no hand rum beard???No! Boy I'm Davy Johnson Jackson Jones pointing at the most wanted poster on the market post stand

That there slum slug stole that bottle from me now hand it here boy.
Gene said oh...that slim slug right there?
Davy Johnson Jackson Jones turned around saw nothing turned back around and Gene was gone.
He yelled boy I'll find you sooner then later just you wait I'll have that bottle! You wanna trick me I'll have your tongue errrr...
Gene ran beside  a black horse with a wagon and walked with it as soon as Davy turned around
disappearing into the crowd.
As soon as Gene got far a nuff away from Davy he went a different direction.
Gene made it back to his abandon home and reached to take out the bottle.
He open the bottle and pulled out the piece of paper
Opened it up and saw that it was part of a map with writing on the other side of it.
Now even tho Gene was smart he couldn't read cursive.
He looked and the map and said well damn where's the rest of the damn map at?  like what the hell trickery is this.
He couldn't make out what the words said on the other side but he knew of someone that could read cursive.
So the next morning he headed toward the rich side of Tallimark,
As he was making his way, Davy spotted him and chased Gene down the market place, yelling boy once I get my hands on you your going to my locker you rift rat Scally wag!!!
Gene ran so fast jumping over market tables, tearing down market booths just to get away from Davy
But Gene knew this side of Tallimark  like the back of his hand yelling good luck catching a shadow you mook!!
Climbing up to the top of a roof to run across building to building so he wouldn't get caught.
Gene got away once again and laughed thinking old Davy thinks he can catch me shoot! like to see him try hahaha! laughing as he was making his way to the other side of town.
Gene finally made it to the person he knew who  could read the back side of the piece of map.
Hey Hogarth Gene said hey Hogarth?

Hogarth turned around and said aye Gene how have you been my little trouble maker

Now see Hogarth was an old wise man that helped Gene survive these streets and taught him everything he knew about  the street life.
Gene asked Hogarth if he could make this reading out and Hogarth said let me see what your talking about.
Gene handed him the piece of map.
Hogarths eyes opened up with amaze and asked where did you find this Gene.
Gene replied a pirate man gave it to me and told me to protect it with my life why? what's is it? and what's it say?
Hogarth grabbed Gene and walked him into his house and locked the door.
Brought Gene into another room and locked that door.
Hogarth said, Gene what you got here is a piece of the forbidden treasure map!
How it fell into your hands is a sign you must for seek it and find it! you must! Hogarth said.
Gene replied forbidden treasure... well hell yea!
But what's it say on the back of it
Hogarth turned the piece of the map around and began to read its words
Well it says,
Beyond the big water lays a rock that is full of gods that live on top.
Must you seek the son of he who makes thunder.
He who comes alive, he who knows where to find the other missing piece.
Gene was all confused.
Hogarth said, the other piece of the map is in Athens near mount Olympus.
The person you need to find is named Hercules.
Hogarth gave Gene another map to get to Athens from Tallimark.
Gene said you not coming with me old man?
Hogarth laughed and said no you fool.
I am to old for adventures like this, "I'd only slow you down, but here I have some things for you. Hogarth went to his trunk and  handed Gene a shirt, brown coat with boots and a oldish but nice sword with a belt full of extra pockets on it, to carry more items if needed. Hogarth also  gave him some extra coin.
Gene replied thank you but I can't ...
Hogarth said, shut up and just take it and
put  these on.
Gene put on what Hogarth gave him.

Gene said, well how do I look??Hogarth laughed and said you look like what I thought you'd look like

Hogarth laughed and said you look like what I thought you'd look like.
Now go and head to the docks,take my small boat and start your adventure. I'll see you when you get back, Hogarth said.
Gene gave Hogarth a hug, grabbed the piece of the map and left.
On his way to the docks,he stole some food from the market place and nabbed a rope with a net from a wagon. Thanking god he didn't run into Davy Johnson Jackson Jones.
Gene made it to the docks, found his little row boat and started off rowing away from Tallimark to open water.