Chapter 27

Ring! Ring!

Like always Meera reached for her phone without opening her eyes when her hand felt a hard surface which was rising up and down....slowly. Her eyes shot open as she realized where she was sleeping.

"Kabir!"

"Huh? Wha-aah!" Kabir woke up and got up suddenly.

"Sorry sorry. Careful."

"What happened? Are you ok?"

"Yeah I, I just noticed that I fell asleep here. Sorry."

"Its okay....I dont mind." Kabir replied smiling.

Ring! Ring!

"I think thats your phone."

"Yeah, one minute." Meera picked up her phone and saw who was calling. "Its Alia...keep quiet."

Kabir laughed and zipped his mouth shut.

*Phonecall*

M: Heyyyy Alia.

A: Meera, where the hell are you? Im in your room and your not here.

Sona (From the back): Im here too!

A: Yeah Sona & I both came....Dont tell me you went out to go jogging. So much happened yesterday and yo-

M: No...No Im not jogging I'll just, I'll come, you wait there.

A: but...

M: I'm coming na Alia....Im coming.

*Phonecall End*

"I should go." Meera told Kabir as she got up from his bed. "You....stay in bed, rest and if you need anything....call someone for help, okay?"

"Yes Mom." Kabir joked earning a glare from Meera.

"Relax Gauri, Rudra & I are going to check on Kabir right now." Meera froze in her spot as she heard Om's voice from the hall.

"Oh no..." Meera whispered "Sounds like they are coming here!"

"What are you doing?" Kabir chuckled as Meera looked around for a place to hide.

"Hiding.." Meera looked under his bed and then back at him, "Why is there no space under your bed!"

"It was....just made like that." Kabir amusingly watched as Meera ignored him, ran to the other side of the room, climbed into his closet and closed the door just as Om & Rudra entered.

"Kabir...how are you?" Rudra asked.

"Im great. Thanks for asking uncle."

"I told you so many times, dont call me uncle, call me Ru or Rudy. Uncle sound like I'm some old man." Rudra

"Yeah yeah, you're very young na. That 18 year old son you have just grew from a tree." Om joked. Forgetting for a second that she was hiding Meera giggled and then closed her mouth shut with her hands.

"O...am I hearing things or.... is there laughing coming from that closet." Rudra said looking towards Meera's hiding place.

"No...I heard it too. Go check." Om told Rudra as he noticed Kabir diverting his eyes. Rudra walked to the closet doors and pulled it open revealing Meera who sat there with an sheepish grin.

"Meera? What are you doing here?" Om asked surprised.

"Me? I uh.....I was..... uh...I was.." Meera looked around until she saw the first aid box still on the bed. "Bandages.....Poor Kabir....he was injured. So I was just helping him change his bandages...just being nice."