Chapter 52

"Shivaay, what happened to you?" Anika asked as she watched her husband typing away aggressively at his laptop.

"Nothing." Sighing, Anika walked over to him and closed his laptop and then put it away to the side.

"Shivaay...if you are upset about Meera... you know she only spoke like that cause she was angry." Anika explained, "She is your daughter.....her anger is also just like yours."

"I know..."

"Then what? Why are you so mad? Kabir is a good person, you know that he is the reason our daughter is alive today."

"Haan par...you dont know Anika how many girlfriends he has had in the past-" Shivaay said.

"Toh? Shivaay even you had girlfriends na? Tia...aur Mallika. OmRu also had girlfriends. Whats wrong in that?"

"You dont get it."

Anika turned Shivaay's face towards her, "Shivaay...Meera is 25. Just like you, she also runs a company, dont you think she can make decisions of her own life?"

"I dont care if she is 25 or 50....Meera is my daughter & Kabir does not deserve her."

"Shivaay..."

"No means NO Anika....Just NO." Shivaay replied sternly. "Ever since Kabir's parents died, he grew up with us. He is Dev & Jai's friend & his parents were my friends so we gave him a home and treated him like family.... for this? He thinks he can do whatever he wants....with my daughter? If I knew he would do this, I would never have allowed him to stay in Oberoi Mansion."

"Ok..." Shivaay & Anika turned towards the door & saw Kabir standing there. "Ok Shivaay Uncle, if you want me to leave from here....then I will. I just want to say, I never wanted to hurt you. I also have no bad intentions for Meera...I love her. I really really love her, and I'll prove it to you. Until you want me to....until I have your permission, I wont meet Meera. Just to be clear Shivaay Uncle, I could do whatever I want. I could meet Meera an I could even marry her if I wanted. Both of us are adults and technically you cant stop us."

Shivaay glared at Kabir angrily while Anika looked worried.

"Dont worry....I wont do any such thing. After my parents, you are the only family I have. I respect you Shivaay Uncle so I dont want to do anything against your wishes. Thats why...Ill leave." Kabir was about to leave the room and then turned back. "Im just leaving...no accepting defeat. One day, you'll have to accept me...Ill wait for that day."

"Kabir....wait beta-" Anika tried to stop Kabir as he left but Shivaay held her back. "Shivaay, let go....Kabir is leaving!"

"Let him." Anika looked at Shivaay in shock.

****************

After awhile...

After talking to Meera, OmRu left the room while Meera sat on her bed thinking.

"Maybe Chachus are right. I should go talk to Papa." Meera said to herself and then she got up to go to Shivaay's room. As she left her room and walked towards the stairs, she saw Kabir upset, walking out of his room with a suitcase.

"Kabir....where are you going?" Meera ran upto him.

"Im...going to the penthouse. Ill stay there for a bit."

"What? Why?" Meera asked. "Papa said something? He told you to leave?"

"No, nothing like that happened Meera." Kabir lied.

"Jhoot....Papa definetly said something to you. I dont believe this....here I was thinking of talking to him and he is getting more & more unreasonable."

"Meera...calm down. He is your Papa, I dont want you to fight with him because of me."

"You are not going anywhere. I wont let you." Meera tried to take the suitcase from Kabir but he held it tightly.

"Listen." Kabir held Meera's face, moving her hair back, "Im not leaving forever....just until Shivaay Uncle agrees. I dont want him to get more angry."

"Kabir..."

"I love you." Kabir kissed Meera on the forehead and then left.

"Kabir!" Meera cried as Kabir walked out of the house. Furious, she went to her parents room and swung the door open. "What did you say to Kabir?"

Shivaay looked startled at first but then realized Meera must have seen Kabir leave.

"Nothing....it was his decidion to leave."

"Not possible....it couldnt be his decision....You must have said something to him." Meera wiped her tears and Shivaay looked worried seeing her cry, "Papa...Kabir has been living here since before I came....h has his own place but he still lived her cause he thinks of you all as family....and he left, only because you asked him to. You still think he is wrong for me?"

Shivaay stayed silent.

"I thought you were just a bit overprotective but you're just being stubborn. Well then fine....I can be stubborn too. Until you accept Kabir....until you bring him back...I wont eat."

"What?" Shivaay looked at Anika in shock.

"Lets see who can be more stubborn...and who wins." Meera walked out.

"See Shivaay? Ive been trying to explain to you for so long but you just wont understand. What if-"

"Relax Anika....Nothing will happen to Meera. She just said she wont eat out of anger and stubborness....how long will she stay hungry? She'll eat." Shivaay told Anika, "Anyways...I have a meeting to go to. Ill be late"

Anika stared after Shivaay as he left the room, "How do I explain to you Shivaay. If Meera said she wont eat then she def wont eat. If you are stubborn then she is super stubborn."

--------------

Note: Hey guys, I know you have been waiting for an update but Ive been super busy with some personal stuff. Anyways, I wrote this smaller chapter in the meanwhile. Pls be patient, Ill try to update the next chapter as soon as I get things sorted.