Chapter 2

25 Years Later

Location: Oberoi Mansion, Mumbai

"You had one job! And you couldnt even do that! What the hell do I pay you for, you know what! You're fired!" A man in a 3 piece suit shouts in his phone and throws it with full attitude and anger. At that moment a younger man who looked about 24 walked into the room.

"Bade Papa(uncle) what happened?"

"Dev...its nothing. You tell me, any work?"

"No Bade Papa....its just time for office so I came to call you."

"Hmm..you go ahead and I'll just come." Dev nodded and went downstairs. 

Meanwhile the rest of the Oberoi family was eating breakfast, Dev came down and was greeted by a beautiful woman in her late 40s.

"Dev, is this the time to come down? Who is gonna eat breakfast?"

"Gauri, Gauri, he is down now. Why are you scolding him?" A man with longer hair came up behind the woman and tried to calm her.

"Omkaraji, you can just drop it ok? You, Bade Bhaiyya, and our son are all the same. Just work, work and work, you dont care about eating or anything else."

"Mom relax, I know you are upset because I skipped breakfast yesterday and then came home way after dinner but I had really importa-" Dev froze as he saw his mom glare at him, "Anyways, that wont happen anymore. I just went to call Bade Papa down. Now Ill finish my breakfast and THEN go to office with Bade papa."

"Btw where is Shivaay?" Shakti Singh Oberoi asked.

"Chote Dadu (younger grandpa), he is coming in a bit."

"You know right? That you have to come home early today and bring Bade Bhaiyya. I have already told Pihu & Ishaan to come back from college early."

"Mom, you know that Bade Papa never comes home on this day. You try every year but he never agrees."

"Yes, I try every year and I will keep trying until Bade bhaiyya agrees." Gauri replied with tears in her eyes as Omkara comforted her.

Location: Dehli

"What the hell! The hotel opens today! These preparations were supposed to be done by yesterday!" Three interns cowered and shivered in fear as their boss yelled at them. 

"Ma'am actually-"

"SHUT UP! I hate excuses...you guys aren't even completely employees yet and this is your work ethics? Your professionalism? You are all fired! Get lost!" The poor interns ran out in tears and the whole office watched in pin drop silence, "What, is this a movie going on? Get back to work everyone!"

"Don't you think you got angry on those poor guys fro no reason?" A girl wearing professional office clothing walked up to the boss.

"Any reply yet?" The boss asked.

"Not yet Meera, we just sent the email and not everyone is as crazy as us to start office this early." The girl joked only to be glared at, "That won't work on me. I'm not just your PA but also your childhood bestfriend. Im not afraid of you."

"Fine...btw what do you think Alia? Will they agree for the partnership?

"Do they have any reason not to? Where else can they find a CEO who became so successful at such a young age? You are even more successful than them. Relax, for now lets concentrate on the event. This is your 3rd hotel in Dehli...its a big deal, even the media will be there."