Chapter 29

Location: Dance School

"Annika, are you okay?" Shivaay asked her.

"Yeah."

"I think we might have to stay here the whole night." Shivaay said. Annika just ignored him and looked away. "Annika....how long will you ignore me? I know that you are very angry with me but-"

"You dont know anything Shivaay. What if I had done this with you? What if I hadnt trusted you and your love?" Annika replied, "Svetlana...Shivaay....you trusted Svetlana, our biggest enemy over your own wife. And now that you know the truth you expect me to forgive you?"

"Don't you think, Ive already been punished enough? Its been 25 years...you know I cant live without you-"

"And yet your still alive right? All of this....its just for saying. I cant live without you, I'll die without you....all lies. When in reality, life keeps going. Shivaay you had the whole family, your brothers, even my sister...my chutki was with you. I had noone, I was all alone....just Saahil &-" Annika stopped herself before she said anything else, taking a deep breath she continued. "You have no idea how I lived these 25 years, the pain I went through."

As Annika started to walk away, Shivaay pulled her back and pinned her against the wall. "What do you think? I had the whole family so I wasnt alone? You're talking about your pain....everyone told me that you...that you died. I never believed it. Your bodies couldnt be found....there was no news about you and you think I wasnt living in pain? You're right, life keeps going....but all these years I sent without you....its not called living either."

"Dont....Please, I've moved on." Annika whispered.

"Really? You've moved on?" Shivaay asked stepping even closer to her.

"Y...Yes." Annika replied trying to look away.

"Lie." Shivaay smirked, "If you moved on then it wouldnt bother you that im so close to you."

"Its....Its not bothering me." Annika replied.

"Another lie." Shivaay smiled, "Fine, I'll stop bothering you for now. Just remember, I am Shivaay Singh Oberoi...I wont admit defeat so easily. Until you forgive me, until Shivaay and Annika become one again....I'll keep trying."

----------------------------------------------------------

Location: Oberoi Mansion

"Om...Rudra? Where is Shivaay?" Tej asked as he sat down at the dinner table.

"Wasnt he with you?" Om asked. Dev looked at Meera panicked while Meera just motioned for him to relax and took Shivaay's phone under the table so nobody could see.

"No, he left right after work. I thought he came-" Tej was interuppted by his phone which went off as he recieved a msg. "Oh Shivaay sent a txt."

"What did he say, bhaisaab?" Shakti asked.

"Sorry Bade Papa I forgot to tell you, but I came outside of Mumbi for some important work. Ill be back tomorrow." Tej read out.

"What are you doing? When Bade Papa comes tomorrow everyone will know he didnt senf the txt." Dev whispered in Meera's ears.

"I know, but at least for now nobody will look for him." Meera whispered back.

"What work?" Pinky asked.

"I dont know, He never told me anything about it." Tej replied confused. While the elders were talking about this, Jai was watching Dev who was looking very nervous from across the table.

"Dev is hiding something." Jai whispered to Sona who was sitting beside him.

"What? Why do you think that?" Sona asked.