Chapter 32

Location: Oberoi Mansion

Meera was in the kitchen reaching for a container that was a bit too high for her.

"Need some help?" Kabir asked and started to walk towards her. Meera spun around and stopped him.

"Kabir what was the deal? You wanted to eat Aloo Paratha & leave the room so I let you but I am doing the work...and you will just sit there....should I find the definition of sitting for you?" Meera scolded then turned back and tried reaching for the container again.

"Ok Ok...but I really dont thi-" Kabir stopped as the whole container fell over, pouring flour all over Meera's head. He stared at her for a minute and then burst out laughing, "Haha haha! See, I told you...I told you, let me help, but noooo you and your bossiness. Haha hahaha! See what happened!"

Annoyed, Meera brushed off the flour picked up the container, walked to the still laughing Kabir and dumped the remaining flour on him, dropping the container over his head.

"What the-" Kabir said, his voice muffled from the container.

"What? Not finding it so funny anymore?" Meera sarcastically asked.

"What was that for?" Kabir took the container off his head.

"What was that for?" Meera mimicked and then glared at him, "Im making the paratha for you...and your actually laughing at me?"

"No...no, I was just-"

"Ehsaan Faramosh insaan!"

"Eh?" Kabir asked confused.

"Ungrateful!" Meera started to leave when she slipped on the flour that was on the floor, "Aah!"

"Woah!" Kabir caught Meera from the back and they looked at each other for a few seconds,"...you okay?"

"Yeah.." Meera got up.

"Listen, I didnt mean to laugh." Meera gave him a look.

"Ok thats a lie, it was funny!" Kabir started to smile but stopped when he saw Meera's glare, "But wrong! Very wrong, I shouldnt have laughed. Im sorry."

"You just want the parathas, thats why you are apologizing."

"No...absolutely not. If you wnat, I can make the parathas."

"Okay, make them."

"............huh?"

"You know what...I thought about it. you're not a child...so if you say that you are fine then why should I stop you? So you carry on, make the paratha."

"I...uh...woh uh...flour. The flour all fell, I cant make it now."

"Kabir...this is such a big family, you thing there was just that much flour? There must be some extra bags...look around."

"Right...." Kabir looked around confused and pointed to another container with white powder in it. "Woh hoga."

Taking the container down, Kabir opened the lid and took a scoop when Meera held his hand to stop him.

"Thats icing sugar."

"What?" Kabir looked at the powder, "I mean...(*fake scoff)...obviously, I knew that. Its icing sugar, whatever the hell that is (to himself). I'll just....put this back."

He looked around again and found another container, this time Kabir opened the lid and looked closely before bringing it to the counter.

"This is flour..." Kabir said, still uncertain. Opening the lid, Kabir scooped one cup of flour....then another, and another, and another, and another......and another