18 - Magic

Nao's Point of View

I end up sprinting through the village as fast as my wispy legs can carry me across the ground. By body screams almost instantly, feeling exhausted and in pain after working all day, and just finishing a heavy meal. The meal feels like a rock in my stomach.

I barely get to the village gate before I hear the muddled voices of screams from the tavern, and immediately remember the horse.

They'll catch up to me on the road almost immediately, but they'll catch up even if they can't get the horse to go into the forest because of the dark. Even if I turn, the village guard will see me turn and can give them directions.

What about Theodore?

I did manage to do some tests with the orders, but he needs to be pretty close and in sight or within sound range to follow orders.

I gasp for air.

Even worse, is that I seem trapped in which direction to take.

Theodore is right towards the river, but the river is in the way there. Where we came from has the people that just found the hunters and is also closer to the monsters, back is the village and left is the fort.

Do I ditch Theodore?

I pass through the village gate, and find that only one of the guards are here. His eyes lock onto me, before he looks away, oblivious of them chasing me, because their voices aren't clear enough yet.

What about magic to reach Theodore?

But it's not like I know how to use magic, at least not magic that isn't already among my skills. Plus, the skills I get, seem pretty random and only convenient whenever it can make me more of a villain-

I stand still for a moment there at the gate.

They want me to be a villain, right? Then, if I want a skill that is evil, would it grant it to me?

I take a deep breath. I probably don't have to succeed. I didn't succeed in commanding Theodore before I got the skill, I just tried.

I turn towards the fort and head into the forest there, while I think of how to try to get this specific skill.

It's not long distance communication, because that is probably a level up effect under 'command undead', it's something worse. Something like a hive-mind with me in the center, that insects, and necromancers would use to order their entire group of undeads as though they're connected to them.

I push through the undergrowth of the forest, and try to speed up as much as I can through the bushes, but find myself tripping and running into branches and bushes on my way.

I'll try to use spirit sight after this.

First, focus on all the undeads I have. I'm not sending a sound to their body, I'm giving an order directly to them via what connects us, the bond I created when I raised them.

'So, come!'

...

'Come here!'

'Come!'

'Please come!'

I order, and slowly begin to beg while rushing through the story, while desperately trying to keep out relative positions in mind, as well as his condition when I last saw him, and what he'd be seeing.

I know it probably won't succeed, but this way they might split up to look for Theodore. If they do- if they do find him, I hope they're strong enough to kill him before he kills anyone else.