27 - Grudges

Nao/Rosalin's Point of View

I watch the crying priestess quietly, wondering what part of the situation was making her cry so bitterly. Whether it was a civilian being hurt, or having to watch a civilian be hurt and be able to do nothing, or things along those lines.

"Are you alright, miss?"

A flash of burgundy red enters my view, as a mantle slides down from a gentle hand reaching for my cheek.

For a moment I almost thought it was Henrietta herself, the woman who used charm magic, but instead there's a muscular yet elegant female knight in front of me, and she places hand hand on my cheek, before caressing it gently with worry in her eyes.

Alright?

I got my ankle bit, a sword in my shoulder and nearly choked to death when I was just supposed to learn how to fight, what part of this would in any possible way be alright?

The only thing that makes this just somewhat better is that I'm at least being healed.

And this is just what happened just now. What about everything else that has happened since I woke up here? But it's not like I can actually tell anyone my unbridled thoughts right now.

I want Johannes to be punished for this somehow. What part of that idiot is a good person? Even if we put me aside, he told his own knight to go to his brother's side all bitterly, and even threatened everyone else. He even attacked someone trying to help me! Not to mention, that if the goblin hadn't loosened its grip to amuse itself with my pain, then I might really have died!

I can't quite tell whether Johannes or the goblin wanted to see me in pain the most.

"I am alright," I reply with a careful smile, and take her hand down from my cheek. The frustration in my heart takes away from her kind gesture.

Despite my conflicting feelings, her face brightens into a smile of relief, and dimples form in her cheeks.

"Thank goddess. I tried to jump down earlier, but Lord Johannes blasted me away."

Her face shows sincere relief, and instead of my cheek, she holds my hand instead.

"Lord Johannes is always rough with these things, but he knows what he's doing. He's a hero after all. Who has helped train some of the best knights in the kingdom right now."

...from after they were already soldiers surely... And also... Something tells me that those standards were lowered drastically after the massacre.

I grimace, and cast a gaze behind me towards Theodore, who had taken a few steps back after putting me down. If not for Theodore and the man Sir Azzo, then I would be dead now.

For Johannes to be called a hero despite that and his usual behaviour must mean he does extremely well on the battlefield, for anyone to tolerate his behaviour.

"Don't worry, he won't mess with an angry berserker," she attempts to lessen my worries, but all I can hear is that he'd mess with nearly everyone else...

No, nevermind, there was something else more important.

"Berserker?"

She probably means Theodore, who is standing still with fading red glimmer around him. Since that's the first time the red glimmer came out then that might be what she's referring to?

Still... What are they doing making a circle around him? They look like someone waiting to catch a falling vase or something, but are too scared to just go get it. If I had to give a guess, then it's because of the red glimmer.