23 - Crossing Destinies

Nao / Rosalin's Point of View

I stare at the popup in front of me with clenched fists, as Wallis continues his rant of awe at the altar

What do you mean tehehe?!

This isn't a matter to laugh about! I can't see those three deaths as referring to anything except my death in the other world in the past, the necromancy in the present and lastly my death in the future!

-wait

If you are the god of magic, then did you give me all those necromancy spells and skills?!

.....

Don't ignore me whenever it's convenient!

I get pulled back to reality, as the no longer shy Wallis bluntly grabs my hands in his cold thin hands, with violet eyes aglow with hope.

"The card of death, all aligned and not reversed shows change. A future prophesized by the god of magic will bring about probably unimaginable change, which cannot be stopped by kings or popes."

The smile that crawls along his lips sends shivers down my spine, and my skin crawls with goosebumps as glance down to the tarot card, where death rides over a now fallen king, and the pope prays desperately.

I'm not a hero, so that world changing fate, doesn't that mean that I'm the...

Eh?

What do you mean by-

"Rosalin. Help us destroy the demon lord."

Eh?

Demon lord?

Wait- is this really a setting like that? Is this a war with the demon lord? But then what is this message? Why? Who is the sinful? The demons or... the people?

Wallis said the god of magic doesn't like humans... then... is that because it's on the demon's side?

I don't have time to be confused. I need to answer. Can I even refuse?