19 - Meeting

Nao's Point of View

It's cold.

I stare up at Theodore, who is still holding me tightly in his arms, despite all of my orders having run out a loooong time ago... but I guess that 'putting down', isn't what happens when you end an 'pick up' order. He isn't walking anymore either, so I'm pretty sure that's the cause.

That said, I'm happy he didn't just drop me like a sack of potatoes... but waking up in someone's arms is still... a bit awkward. Especially since he's holding me like this, in princess carry mode.

I'm actually impressed that I just fell asleep like this. It's not exactly a warm and comfy bed. Then again, I was pretty exhausted from traveling, working and for once being full. That, and I think the mana condensation exhausted me a quite a lot, as I fell asleep pretty quickly. It shouldn't have been more like 6 to 8 in the evening.

I look up at the violet sunrise above us, and let out a soft sigh. That's actually pretty bad. I should have been awake to cast the order at least two more times or something.

"At this pace they'll catch up to us pretty quickly... An order only lasts two hours, so we should still be pretty close to the village."

While I'd like to walk myself, everything feels sore, and my walking would be slow compared to Theodore... it's not like I have the freedom to take it easy either, since they have horses and probably skills to find me.

"Continue walking," I say out softly, and Theodore sets in motion without question. I feel a bit bad for making use of him like this.

"I wonder what you wanted to do with your life," I whisper as I watch him.

"Carrying a Necromancer around certainly wasn't on his list, was it?" I say with a light smile, imagining the ridiculous situation he's in compared to what he himself would want.

"You're a noble too, so you probably had a fiancé, right? Also to be an actual knight and to be that strong you were probably a hard worker. Was your goal just to go in your family's footsteps, or did you want something more?"

Was he a good person?

Of course he can't answer... but- it feels a little less lonely like this. It's not like I'll be able to properly make friends for a while, everything considered.

"Personally, I just want a stable life and a happy family."

I look in front of us, and lean my head against his chest as I slowly sink into the memories and dreams I've set my mind on.

"It doesn't sound very ambitious does it? But I just never had those things when I was young. My mother and father kept going in debt, because- well... my mother only stayed with my father so he could pay for her dream of having a business where she could work with animals. She was so happy with the animals, and gave them all her time, I just wished that she had given me a little bit of that time..."

I stroke my arm for comfort and then give an awkward smile up at Theodore.

"Even if it's lame being jealous of a pet."

It's not like my father helped the situation either. I go quiet for a while as I stare at the trees we pass by. Jun and I started going out in highschool while I still lived home with my parents. He had always been there supporting me to get away from them. He had some pretty controlling parents, so at times he would be jealous of my 'freedom'.