o1. empire day..

13 BBY

"Marmil, don't you think this sport is rather cruel on the poor marine life on Vonath?"

"They're mindless monsters and the sonic cannon will help us hunt them easier by bringing them out," Marmil explained to his brother. But his brother's wife, the Queen, cut in.

"The sonic waves are making the creatures aggressive..."

"With all due respect, they've always been aggressive. Now we can just use that in our favor."

Lorna was six when she overheard that conversation on the deck of the royal cruise ship. She didn't understand nor care to comprehend what her parents were talking about with her uncle. She was much more interested in her little wooden carved toy.

The ship was sailing smoothly and it was a particularly warm day, so it was the perfect moment to be allowed to sit down on the edge of the deck, her tiny arms holding onto the metal railing.

"Turn on the sonic cannon and let's show the king our discovery," Marmil ordered his crew to switch on the big device they brought on board with them. They pointed it first towards the horizon, a batch of water far away from their ship and once the sonic waves struck the surface, millions of small fish ran away from that spot.

"See? We'll catch fish faster than ever and the big ones will..."

A huge impact stroke the bottom of their ship while the sonic cannon was still on and the small scream of a child was what made everyone realize Lorna fell over the railing due to that impact.

"It's a Krytt," a crewmember shouted. "Switch that cannon off before it draggs the princess to the bottom."

But Marmil hesitated, "We can kill the Krytt and..."

"Switch the cannon off!" the king ordered over him and took two more men with him to jump in the water.

PRESENT DAY

"We have reports of our settlements being raided."

"By who?"

"By who do you think?" the young general barked back. She snarled, immediately after, sighing herself deeper in her posture. "Yanua messed with the Jedi Order of the New Republic and they are taking out our locations."

"But there were no called casualties-"

"Only the irreversible loss of data and fire power. None of those are relevant to Yanua's plan, but in the inevitable case of a war starting up again, we'll be overpowered by the scum of the Republic."

"That's ridiculous," the second in command on that ship laughed. "The Jedi Order is currently made out of only two and there are thousand of us on this Star Destroyer alone. All the settlments they took out were almost abandoned."

"But they held databases of coordinates," the general said. "Therefore we should expect a Republic attack and start up our backup shields."

"Ma'am!" A shout burst through the control room. "Two X-Wings approaching in hot!"

The man huffed, bemused, "Two X-Wings... Pathetic. Blast them out."

"Lorna," Luke spoke through his comms. Indeed, after Lorna properly recovered, all the information she overheard as a prisoner helped gain some momentum against the Empire, despite not yet finding how this was all linked to the ghost city on Zor.

"Yes?" She answered back hesitantly. It felt good to be back in the game and though her and Luke still sparred from time to time, missions were now more often than training days. That gave her very little time to feel the guilt inside her of never, for one second, considering Luke capable of caring about her enough to save her.