o5. new dynasty..

The spur of the moment, restlessness of the mind, they all lead to an abyssal spiral of guilt when the soul acknowledges the mistakes at last. All Luke has dreaded, he had become so easily when threats knocked to claim away the love and peace he gained through such hardships.

He swore to himself he'll never give in to anger. But there he was, fuming over puerile issues that could have been solved so much easier with less spite and meanness.

He swore an oath in silence to never leave Lorna's side again, not after the close calls they got through when sparated. But here he was, feeling the emptiness of her lonesome departure.

And there was this feeling, as he thought his rage over, disappointed in his behavior... It felt as if he were once again about to be close to losing her. That ghost of a feeling, a fear of holding onto Lorna's lifeless body and just how much it horrified him to wake up to the fact that she is not coming back... Luke got up and brushed his hand over his mouth.

"How could I have been so stupid?" he faintly gasped, feeling cold, alive tears form in his eyes.

"Why... Why did I hesitate?" Luke ironically asked himself and mocked his own past judgement with a laugh. "Why didn't I tell her that I love her?"

He stared back at the door. The echo of how she slammed it behind her didn't leave, it just remained, haunting his guilt with motives to burn. "Why didn't I stop her from leaving...?" Luke mumbled.

His eyebrows arched upward. The realization and the clarity silenced at last the rage he has experienced and all the tiredness that clouded his judgment in the most unfortunate moment. Luke leant back against his desk, his hands gripping the wooden edge.

My plan was bad, Luke admitted, feeling one tear fall down his cold cheek. He lost his warmth the moment his mind dared propose him that he was, again, alone. So was hers. But I shouldn't have argued. Damn it, I should have found a better way, not say what I said and...

Han burst into the room, as always, unfamiliar with the concepts of knocking, "Hey, kid. Where's Lorna headed? I saw her take an X-Wing and she seemed a bit too pissed to be... Are you okay?"

Luke wiped his eyes carelessly and moved the same hand to Force pull his lightsaber to him. He was wearing only half of the usual uniform and he did not care to waste another second to prepare more.

"Tell Leia to stop the meetings. The Jedi Order will handle this," Luke answered, far colder than he intended. His mind was simply focused on anything else but his friend right now: because Han was safe, and Lorna most likely wasn't.

"What...? Hey!" Han protested as Luke pushed past him and started walking away. He had a fast pace and the ex-smuggler knew too little about the topic, but enough about Luke's power in order to decide to not pressure or follow.

And the Jedi was most thankful for that as it allowed him to make a beeline for his own X-Wing. He acknowledged with a side glance how off it felt to not have Lorna get ready in the same hangar... to not joke with her about maneuvers.

There were no jokes left to be said.

"No, R2," Luke pointed at his droid, attempting to follow and get connected to the X-Wing. Upon the puzzled beep, he sighed. "I need to do this alone. It's my mess to fix, I..."

R2 asked where Lorna was and Luke almost froze. "I'm sorry, R2, but you need to stay here. This is Jedi business."

"R2-D2!" 3PO shouted, walking their way, unaware of the tension in the air. "Whatever are you doing pestering Master Luke like this... Oy! That's no way to speak... Droids don't have feelings, you big pile of metal, you can't have a bad feeling."