o2. squadron of three..

Lorna promptly shook her head, "Well, this is just amazing... Can we even get out of here now?"

"With the entire pirate ship? Unlikely," Luke frowned, giving it a good thought. He used to be the best pilot in the galaxy, at some point, not too long ago, and knowing his way around ships and their capacities was something he took pride in.

"It's too heavy and big, it will accelerate slower in ascension and by the time we start getting speed, we'll be taken down by TIE fighters," he explained. He wasn't the type to nullify hope out from the start, but this time, they needed to lay down a plan clearly. And for that, he took a card from Lorna and stuck to the truth only.

"We don't have any weapons as a line of defense," the boy reminded them. "The Empire didn't want us fighting back so weapons were banned here, even on our cargo ships."

"And we only have the X-Wing the pirates captured me in," Lorna looked up at the Star Destroyers, then returned her gaze at Luke. "It does have weapons and maybe enough speed to elude the enemy, but definitely lacks the space for two passengers.

"One of you could stay behind," the boy offered and just then, Lorna was starting to believe that her staying behind was truly the only solution, no matter how much she despised it. She was ready to agree with it, as noble as any Jedi, trained to give their life for the mission of peace.

"Out of question," Luke shook his head. The problem for him was that he swore to himself not to leave her side again, regardless of their emotions, but now especially because of them. He already had her taken prisoner by the Empire once and he'll be damned if he lived to see it happen again.

Lorna eyed him with a subtle care. They had an agreement, back on the pirate ship, before their very much needed nap... And he was the one to come up with it too: Even if you love me and I love you, more than anything in this world, our duty still comes first, right?

She didn't know if he forgot or this didn't count though, and since time was not on their side, Lorna decided to simply let it slip for now, focusing instead on the brutal truth that they didn't think everything through properly.

They destroyed the factory, the cannons, stopped any means through which they can be manufactured again and therefore, theu rendered the substances that made the virus useless. But would all of that be worth it if the Star Destroyers raid the entire Vonath clean trying to catch them?

"We can both turn ourselves in," both of them spoke at the same time.

"But you're the last Jedi!" The boy quickly cried out. "If the bad people catch you, that would be the worst case scenario a-and..."

Seeing the hope die out of this boy's eyes was a cruel, cold reminder that there were two things in balance for them: ruin their hope to protect each other or sacrifice one to protect the hope.

Lorna felt a tingle in her chest and when she looked at her side, she knew that tingle was no her own, but Luke's. His eyes seemes glass-like, on the verge of tears. And she knew she didn't like seeing him the position where a choice would kill his smile.

"Fuck the choice!" she thought outloud and moved past them, pacing a little, pressured by the faint sound from above. They would launch the TIE fighters soon and then it would be too late to come up with a plan...

"Are those the cargo ships you have?" Lorna pointed out to the docking areas. They weren't nearly as far as she initially thought they were.

"They have no weapons," the boy insisted on reminding her.

"Only a really flat roof and access to the cockpit through the said roof to facilitate more carrying space for goods," Lorna noticed and turned to Luke. "I need you to tell me if Yanua is on one of those Destroyers."