o4. a sith's story..

"Luke, it's alright," Lorna lowered her guard and released the tension of her stance. "I know him," she said. She reached her hand out, placing it over Luke's arm while she stepped forward, attempting to make a point that indeed, the one man that stepped from the shadows of the forest and alerted them earlier was no stranger of hers.

It took her a while to recognize him in this much different and darker setting, but the appearance was clearer the more she looked. "He saved me back in the arena in the mission with the Masters, he's okay..."

Luke didn't break his stance though. In fact, he made it clear that he found it incredibly hard to even believe her attempt to reassure him. Since she held his arm, he used that to pull Lorna back and then stepped to the side, in front of her, to keep her shielded through him.

He wasn't going to lower his guard.

That's a lot of protection from the dude that saved me, Lorna thought, bitter and uncertain. But she did not dare really step away from Luke. Since he rarely went to this extent to make sure she is safe, and not moment before, his father seemed rather displeased with their visitor too, Lorna agreed to at least see how things are developing before doing something about it.

The green of Luke's lightsaber pulsed like the fire in his eyes. "You were supposed to be dead," he addressed the man, not even thinking of explaining to Lorna the reason for his sudden protective behaviour first. "Don't come any closer or I will make sure you do die this time."

"Red...," the man nodded, looking past Luke's shoulder, at the girl. Once his attention returned to the one being hostile to him though, he sighed himself into a glare too. "Skywalker. Do we really have to do this right now?"

Lorna watched as Luke's grip tightened on the hilt of his lightsaber. He's trying to control anger, she narrowed her eyes in realization, feeling the amount of frustration that he was experiencing like a lump in her throat.

She swallowed it, which helped Luke at least keep his conduit. "You're the one who followed us here," he accused the man.

"That was quite an entrance you had on the planet," the man gestured with a look towards the sky. "One X-Wing and a small cargo ship, crashing into each other, then into the ocean... I felt the small disturbance in the Force during that little show and really, I was hoping it was just your apprentice, not you too."

Maybe those weren't his best chosen words. He admitted that internally when he recognized, past the Jedi facade, the rage and annoyance in Luke's blue eyes.

"What is it that you want with her?" Luke questioned without a second of mercy. He took a step forward and did not lower his lightsaber. Everything seemed odd to Lorna at first, but she knew him better than to doubt he had a reason to act this way.

The man rolled his eyes, despite the obvious fear in his stance. He wore a ragged brown cloth over his old clothes, the same clothes Lorna saw him wear when they first met. But he kept his arms close to himself, not wanting to lose a hand to that lightsaber pointed at him.

"You'll excuse me for knowing that she's far more open minded than you are. I know you wouldn't listen to me-"

"Why would I ever listen to someon responsible for genocide?" Luke was quick to mock right back, in spite.

"What?" Lorna finally looked between them, with some sort of understanding of the situation at last. "Is that true?" she questioned the man.

He bit the insides of his cheeks and slowly started raising his hands in surrender. "It is true, red. Sorry..."

"Sorry?" Luke cut him off again. "You think that's going to erase the countless lives you have taken in the name of the Sith?"

"Sith...?" Lorna watched confused and hardly able to even follow what types of things the men were so fed up with. Before she knew it though, a blink away, everything escalated and the man Force pulled a wooden staff from the ground, nothing but a tree branch.