o1. a jedi life..

They've won a battle. The war was not yet over though. And with each day that passed, Coruscant received news of yet another fight. Most of the time, the victory belonged to the right people, but there were always unfortunate moments to find out about the defeat of some planet.

Princess Leia now became Chancellor on the Captial Planet, leading, along with her council, all the political affairs. As a war hero and a true icon to follow, everyone was more than happy to fall in line each time she gave an order. And she gave plenty.

Because with news of battles coming from all sides of the galaxy, there was only this much she could do from behind a desk. And though their numbers grew, the Alliance fleet and fire power was still not enough to be everywhere at once.

While Leia was keeping this order, serving as the link between all planetary systems, another two war heroes, Han Solo and his companion Chewbacca, have chosen to help by enrolling into that crazy fleet of hers. At first, everyone assumed it was a way for Han and Leia to spend more time together...

But sooner than later, they both decided to put a pause to their relationship, while Han has simply continued his service as Captian out of a wish he has long forgotten and only recently rediscovered.

As for Luke Skywalker... The entire galaxy knew his name too, but the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, though interesting as it was in the first year to read and learn from, now was deserted and lonely. He'd spend away nights in a row trying to mediatate and reach out with the Force towards people that would join him on his path.

More often though, the young Jedi, pushed into the solidarity of a life without a true guidance anymore, had to act his role to the fullest. And lately, he found out he dreaded the moments in which after missions and trips in which their troops required his Jedi assistance, he'd return home.

Though he'd hate to admit it to any of his friends, whom he barely met anymore properly, Luke was feeling like Coruscant was not his home anymore. Maybe it has never been in the first place, not as much to him as it was to Leia... She looked as if she was born to be there, to govern, to rule.

While Luke... he was stuck in an empty temple for too long.

The missions were his escape and he was more than greatful that Han came up with the idea of sending him as back-up and as a form of reassuring the people that hope is not lost. Those times when he'd jump back in his X-Wing, in which he'd fly and fight and live at the edge of the adrenaline, those were the moments when he got close to feeling fulfilled in life.

Anything else was just a shallow reminder that though the Force is beautiful, it's rather lonely too. The spirits of the Jedi lingered around, but Luke was at the age of youth when he needed more than just the thoughts. He needed palpable compassion and people to talk to. Real, alive people...

Though he knew their language and he loved their company, it was getting tiresome to alwayd speak just to R2D2 and other droids.

"Oh, Luke!" Leia exclaimed, looking up from the many documents she had to review for the next meeting. "Glad to see you're back so soon. How was the trip to the Outer Rim?" She was similing, just for his sake, yet Luke did not need the force to see how concerned and tired his sister was, despite enjoying her job.

He played along the happiness facade in order to not worry her even more, but unlike in the past, returning from missions was a sad process for him. "Fantastic. Another battle won. We successfully won the freedom of the planet that asked for our helped. Is Han back too? We left at the same time..."

"Yes, you did," Leia confirmed with a quick nod and closed her opened screens. She leant against the desk with a sigh. "But his squadron encountered some issues. There were way more troopers and Empire settlements than the ones reported back by the people there."