o3. dark sentinels..

That small music player became a permanent installment to their temporary set kitchen in the Temple. And every once in a while, in days when they happened to feel the need in the morning, music would fill the empty halls, giving them life again, like in the far passed ages when even Coruscant was brighter.

This was one of those days.

Knowing they'd need to eat breakfast for their exploration mission and definitely be awake enough to pilot too, Luke turned on the music to wake them both up. Lorna simply had other plans though.

Before the music started, she was in the process of falling asleep while pouring them two glasses of blue milk. That drink seemed to always go well with whatever Luke was cooking, no matter the occasion and she still had no idea why it had that color. After the music started though, she just blinked herself awake confused.

It was a song she has never heard before and yet, it was the type of music that you only need to hear once for it to vibrate its emotions through you completely.

"When you're done with the milk, you can help me get the bread done," Luke let Lorna know. He noticed she wasn't exactly fully awake when they left the bedroom and he hoped he could wake her up with the music.

Regardless of how much easier mornings are with happy sounds, he started washing the few bowls he didn't need anymore, concentrated on that cold water. Then he felt Lorna stealing one of his hands away from that important work.

"Careful," he warned, absently. In fact, he did not even look at her, thinking he could finish the dishes with one hand too.

Lorna didn't mind his seriousness. The music made her smile and it conferred the perfect ambiance for a good start in that morning. She reached out and turned off the water, then took his other hand too.

"Dance with me," she pleaded.

"What?" She finally gained his attention and Luke was borderlining that fine line between amusement and confusion. "I don't dance, Lorna..."

"Yeah, well, I don't buy it," she sang along the melody's line, a static background for both of them. And at least she was now wide awake and excited to persuade. "With hips like that? You must be an incredible dancer..."

She let go of Luke's hands and placed hers on his waist, gripping ever so lightly. Then she looked up and chuckled gingerly, "Why are you getting so flustered? Come on, just sway a little with me... We have time for a little dance together."

Luke laughed, but despite that jolly sound of his filling over the music, he did not answer, not directly at least. He took Lorna's hands into his and brought them up, kissing her knuckles.

She already got discouraged, knowing he'll likely lecture her that music is not even proper for the Temple in the first place. Therefore, with that assumption, she rolled her eyes, "Are you saying you have to be drunk in order to want to dance with me?"

To the beat of the song, an alert twirl of sounds and plenty of instruments, Luke released only one of his hands and moved with the precision of someone that knew dancing was just a tame extension of a disciplined fighting technique.

And he was a confident fighter.

His right foot slid down and hooked under her leg. To stop her from falling over, Luke leant forward and positioned his free hand under her neck, while the one he was holding her hands with, she directioned it thoughtfully so in this dance dip, her first instinct would be to grab a hold of his shoulder.

Which she did, with a small yelp that Luke found so adorable he couldn't help but grin. "My sweet apprentice and her cute little assumptions..."

Luke's face was still red, a funny contrast between how confident he could act while he was still rather shy at his very core. But now, in this position and with him so close, Lorna finally blushed too.